PDA

View Full Version : Best Monitor...

milesmom
07-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Before my son was born we registered and got the fisher prices lights and sounds monitor. I really liked the "lights" and vibrate feature since we had a sound machine in his room and I liked to keep the monitor turned way down most of the time to avoid hearing the white noise. We really did not use it all that much, during the day and evenings (not at night). Anyway by the time he was about 15 months it was on its last leg (lots of static) and I stopped using it (by this time son to could get out of bed and come get me anyway).

So, I need a new monitor... any suggestions? BTW, we live in a very urban area, have 2 cordless phones (1 Dect, 1 5 something Ghz), wireless network.

Please help!
Michelle

brittone2
07-06-2005, 08:16 PM
we bought the Sony Baby Call monitor based on recommendations here and it has worked well for us. I wanted rechargable batteries, which meant I had to buy the 27-channel one as the 9-channel didn't have rechargable batteries (at least when we registered 16+ months ago).

We have a wireless router and cordless phones and haven't had a problem.

Marisa6826
07-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Sony Babycall and Philips Babycare are both excellent. We have both, and never have had any problems.

We just figured out that you only need one 'baby end' but can use several 'mommy end' receivers if you switch channels. I have a monitor I keep in the kitchen and also the den. Cool trick.

We also have wireless, and 5 cordless phones.

-m

milesmom
07-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Thank you both... when I checked Amazon, I was leaning toward that one, it had great reviews, glad to hear you have had success with it as well.

Michelle
Mom to Miles 6.2.02
#2 Due 7.28.05... still breech :(

stillplayswithbarbies
07-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Sony Baby Call. Our only problem is that it stopped recharging after about a year, so we have to always plug it in now.

The "voice activated" setting will allow you to turn it up because it will recognize the white noise machine and tune it out. So you will only hear the sounds of the baby.