PDA

View Full Version : Bit wheel type bike for short two year old?

samiam
07-08-2005, 07:41 AM
My son turns 2 in August and doesn't have any kind of pedal ride on. I'd like to get him some type of big wheel rather than a trike at this point. Does anyone have any recommendations? My son is only about 31 inches tall so I'm hoping to find something that will work with his short legs.

I saw one by Rally at TRU - anyone try this one out?

hellokitty1
07-08-2005, 08:44 AM
If you're really referring to the traditional big wheel type bike, we found that Sydney's legs are too short to reach the pedal (and she's not all that great at steering yet) so we had to stick to something we could push and where her legs would be able to rest so we went with the FP rock n ride

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/products/product.asp?id=11010

I found this Rally on the TRU website. If your child's feet cannot reach the floor on the bouncy hourse (a x-post of yours), I would not recommend this just yet (unless it's a lot smaller than the FP).

HTH.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

samiam
07-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks Vivian - the bike you recommended sounds like a perfect option for us. I hadn't considered the fact that even if he could reach, he wouldn't be proficient at steering just yet. Ds already has way too many tows so I was planning on maybe only buying him one or two things for his birthday (since he'll be showered with gifts from relatives anyway) - the bike you recommended is definitely goin to be one of his gifts. I know people love the Kettlers but they're way out of my price range at this point.