PDA

View Full Version : schoenhut or melissa&doug piano?

jhaud
07-10-2005, 09:28 AM
My dd is about to turn 1!(i have no idea how that happened!) anyways... on the big gifts thread i saw the idea for a schoenhut piano and love that idea. so in looking around i saw that melissa&doug also have a piano. i don't have any m&d toys, but see them mentioned all the time on these boards. so... anybody with these pianos please give me some feedback.. do you/does your child like the piano, what do you like or dislike? any info would be great!

thanks,
jennifer

lilycat88
07-10-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm the one that posted about getting DD the Schoenhut "My First Piano" for her first birthday. To be honest, we did very little research on options other than the Schoenhut. I just knew that they did all sorts of children's pianos and have for a long time and we were on a time crunch so we went with what I knew.

Susanna does love the piano and plays with it numerous times a day. She'll sit in front of it and bang the daylights out of the keys and wiggle on her bottom doing her version of dancing. We have the 18 key one. A 20+ key version is coming out in the fall and would have gotten that one if we could have waited. I did look at the Melissa and Doug one just now and it looks nifty as well and I might have gone with that one if I had found it earlier. I sort of laugh because it is available on the same website we ordered the Schoenhut from. DUH!

I can whole heartedly recommend Dianatoystore.com as a place to order either piano from. I didn't know anything about this online retailer but they had the schoenhut for less than a lot of other places and their shipping was less (I think). We ordered on a Sunday and had it in hand on Friday (her party was on Saturday!).

All in all, the "piano" idea for a gift was great and we're very happy that's what we got her.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

melissaflorida
07-10-2005, 10:26 AM
My dd was given the Schoenhut Baby Grand as a gift from my bil. She loved it from day 1. The only negative was the legs were a little wobbley and the company promptly sent me out new legs. I do watch her with it since it seems like it could be a little tippy. It's 3 legged with the 2 legs in front so it seems front heavy if that makes sense.

HTH,
Melissa mommy to dd Spencer (15 months)

jhaud
07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
thanks for the advice... i love the look of the schoenhut. a bit more classic and less kid's toy! i am so glad i saw the post on the birthday ideas as i have less than a month until genevieve turns 1!

i knew i could count on these boards for good advice!