PDA

View Full Version : Seeking feedback on the Ingelsina Fast De Luxe Table Chair

jicaruccio
07-11-2005, 07:37 AM
I'm trying to avoid a standalone high chair with a hook-on chair. My daughter is 5 mos, almost sitting on her own, about 15 lbs. I like the Ingelsina Fast De Luxe Table Chair from what I've seen online, but seeking others' experience with it. Or, are there other ones that work better?

Thanks!

sbirmantaz
07-11-2005, 08:08 AM
We have it and LOVE it. It is great and fits on a lot of tables. It is comfy too.

Lmoor
07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I have a friend who had two of these for her twins. She liked them a lot, but she said they didn't fit well on tables with lips on them. So, we opted to buy the Chicco Hippo Hook on Chair. It's 2x as heavy though, at 7 pounds. It's about $10 less expensive than the Inglesina. We LOVE it so far; and because of its canteliever design, it's very very safe. It's extremely stable, even when it's not locked. I seem to recall from some research online that it seemed the Chicco fit more tables than the Inglesina (based on reading many, many customer reviews on both - maybe babycenter and amazon?). Also, based on the online pics of both, the Chicco looked like it would be more stable because of the extra support system. However, I never saw an Inglesina IRL before I purchased, so maybe I'm wrong about that! Good luck!

stewmom
07-11-2005, 11:06 PM
We have one and like it. I use it out and about, at friends' homes, on vacation, etc. It doesn't fit our dining room table particularly well because of a lip about 2 inches in. Even if it did, I don't think I'd use it exclusively because it would just get covered in food and it's harder to clean than wood or plastic.

I didn't want the footprint of a stand-alone chair either so we're using a First Years multi-position feeding seat that straps to one of our dining room chairs. If I don't attach the tray he can even pull right up to the table with us. By the time DS outgrows it he'll be ready for just a booster seat.

Good luck,

Sam (mom to Stewart 8-15-03)

jicaruccio
07-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone! We have a table with a lip, so it sounds like the Hippo one is better. I lent my copy of BB to a friend, so I couldn't "research" these the way I did everything else...and Alan and Denise have yet to steer me wrong!

Thanks again!