PDA

View Full Version : Fingerpaints

luvmypeanut
07-11-2005, 12:03 PM
I bought the Crayola fingerpaints in the tubes. Is there a special fingerpainting paper or can I use regular sketch paper? The drawing paper that looks like newsprint seems a bit thin. I kind of remember a glossy paper for fingerpainting from my childhood.

Also, for those who use pudding to fingerpaint, do you use paper as well?

Thanks!

ellies mom
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
When I used pudding, I just put it straight on the tray. They sell "Painting" paper but it seems way thiner than I remember, but it is glossy. I got it at Target ("create" brand or something like that). That barely works so I imagine sketching paper would be worse. If you got the Crayola WonderColors paints you have to use their paper.

When I get back from vacation, I'm going to see if I can fine better paper.

amp
07-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Well, DS doesn't like getting his fingers in it, but we did buy some painting paper that is glossier. We just bought it at Target, in the art section. They had drawing paper, painting paper, easel sized paper, construction paper. We use whatever the heck paper we feel like, but the painting stuff is glossier for finger painting.

You can paint with pudding on the table, high chair tray or paper. If you do it on the table or high chair, but want to "save" it, you can then press the paper on there later to make a "print", but sometimes it's just easier to let them do their thing and clean it up, without the paper.