PDA

View Full Version : Using regular paint t

hellokitty1
07-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Is there any reason I can't/shouldn't use regular crayola paint as finger painting?

http://www.crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+54%2D1205

I have just been pouring this paint into a paper plate and letting Sydney dip her finger/hand in it and smearing it on the paper.

We got this as a gift for Sydney's birthday and i am just making sure there isn't a reason I have to use "finger" paint.

Thanks.

ellies mom
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
You can use whatever works for you. We have finger paints but they don't seem to act like I remember; I think it is a paper thing. I think they are formulated differently also. They smell like school paste. That is a pretty neat idea about putting it in a plate. Right now, I put blobs of paint on the paper and let her smear from there.

hellokitty1
07-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Hmm Vernonica, you're right. I think I remember now that finger paints were more pastey back in my day. Maybe thicker keeps it from spilling as easily. Oh well, I watch her like a hawk when we finger paint or else she may run off with dirty hands.

Thanks.

ellies mom
07-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I strap DD in her highchair for anything but crayons. It is all washable, but I'll be hard-pressed to fit my rugs and upolstered furniture in the washing machine.