PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have 1... Exersaucer or Jumperoo??

JAMEPM
07-12-2005, 11:33 AM
We're limited on space at our house. I decided I will either purchase an Exersaucer or the Deluxe Jumperoo for our new baby boy. Which one do you think he'll enjoy more & get more use out of?

THANKS!! :)

lilycat88
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
We didn't have the Jumperoo but I would think the Exersaucer would have more life. I say that because Susanna hasn't actually been "in" the Exersaucer for quite sometime but she still loves it for cruising around. She's used it to pull up on and walk around. On advice from her physical therapist, once she figured out she could walk around it and play with the toys, we put the "feet" up so that it rocked. It seems to have helped her work on her balance and strength since she has to work a little harder to maintain balance. She also can push it around the room so she's working on walking.

Just a few thoughts.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

mamalia
07-12-2005, 12:08 PM
We bought the jumperoo based on a recc from another mom who had both and said dd preferred it. Our dd really likes to jump in it & play w/ the toys so we are happy with our choice.

geochick
07-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Exersaucer - has more toys and has springs for jumping. Both are fun, though.

connor_mommy
07-12-2005, 01:28 PM
We couldn't decide on the Jumperoo or Excersaucer either. But we took our son at 4 1/2 months old and put him in both. He wasn't really interested in the Excersuacer. But he loved the Jumperoo and started to junp in it almost immediately. He was in it almost daily until he started crawling. If you can have your child sit in both to see which one they like more.

mommy to connor 2/29/2004

jwozy
07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
We had an exersaucer and the jumperoo. Neither one of my kids had any interest in the exersaucer. They would touch all the toys turn around and started to cry to get out. On the other hand, they both absolutely love the jumperoo. There is defintely less toys but they made up for it by jumping all over the place. If you could take you little one to a BRU and have him try it out it might help with your decision.

Hippoharbor
07-12-2005, 02:33 PM
My DS, who is 5 mths old today, has had his Baby Einstein stationary entertainment center since ~3.5 mths old and really loves it. He plays in this daily. He has had his jumperoo for ~1 mth and does not seem to like this as much. Even though he has finally managed to "bounce" the last few days, he doesn't stay in very long before whining. He still hasn't mastered the bouncing skill, so he might like it better once he figures this out more. I would definitely choose the baby einstein vs. jumperoo, if I had to choose.

tny915
07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
You know, I think it depends on the baby. But at our house, DD got much more life out of the Exersaucer. Heck, even a few months ago she would ask us to put her in the thing albeit for just a minute or two. We had the Exersaucer in our living room from the time she was 4-5 months old until just a few months ago (but partly because we couldn't figure out where to store it). The Exersaucer also takes up less room than the Jumperoo. Once DD figured out cruising, she entirely lost interest in the Jumperoo.