PDA

View Full Version : Svan High Chair

renefjr
07-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Anyone have this high chair? Opinions wanted please!

jamiegirl
07-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Ditto...am considering to buy one as well...

schatje1
07-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I love our Svan now but if you asked me a year ago, I would have said something different. For me, I found it difficult to get my son in and out with the infant kit attached and I thought it would have been easier to clean plastic. However, now as a toddler seat I love it and am even considering order a 2nd one through the Right Start sale for our next one. It is expensive but you'll get so much use out of it.
If you do a search you should find some more info. I think there have been some other discussions in the past few months.
Good luck!

CBB
07-19-2005, 08:47 PM
We've been using it since DD was 5.5mo old and still love it. I don't think it's as popular as the kinderzeat on this board. I got it because it can be used for infants if you get the infant kit as opposed to the Kinderzeat. So far we are very happy with it. I think it's much more worth the $$ than the stroller I got. We use the high chair everyday and it's still going strong. Although recently DD refuses to sit in it sometime, I think she just doesn't want to sit in general, not a problem with the chair. If you do a search there have been other discussions in the past.

HTH

NYSarah
07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
We have it, and love it (my husband hates the look of the Kinderzeat so it was out of the question) but I have to admit...we are currently using a Zooper Peas & Carrots. DD did not like being in the Svan, DH did not like that it had no recline and was hard to move with her in it, and I did not like the non-wipeable seat cushion (in comparison to the Peas & Carrots vinyl seat). But we are still looking forward to using it at the table as soon as she's, well, got at least a smattering of manners!

Would buy it again in a heartbeat but would skip the infant kit -- at this point the Peas & Carrots is working for us so much better it's not even funny. Luckily, the Svan was a gift so we could afford to get a high chair as well -- if we couldn't have done that I'm sure we could have made the Svan work.

jiskafo
07-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I just purchased the toddler seat through RightStart.com and my DS absolutely loves it. He has soo much more freedom than in the old high chair! Because of the adjustability, he can now sit at the table like a big boy. The foot ptint is very small and it is very stable. You may in some post that kids have fallen out but I don't see how it is possible if you use the safety strap. I wish I would have purchased one sooner!