PDA

View Full Version : What Thomas accesories does your 2 year old like?

new_mommy25
07-15-2005, 02:25 PM
We're planning on getting a few new pieces for DS's birthday. Right now we have the water tower, mountain overpass with sounds, and the Sir Topham hat auto stop track for battery trains.

DH and I were thinking of getting Cranky, Quarry Mine Tunnel, and Conductor shed. For Cranky, should I get the regular or deluxe? DS really likes the sounds on his mountain overpass but I find them incredibly obnoxious. The Quarry Mine tunnel just looks really cool but it didn't get the best reviews on Amazon. I was thinking the Conductor shed becuase we have the wind up traveling Thomas and DS always likes to raise and lower the arm thingie (can't think of what its called).

What do you all think? Is there a Thomas piece your toddler likes better? I also really like the look of the big mountain with 3 tunnels.

August Mom
07-15-2005, 04:31 PM
DS loves the conductor's shed. It's kind of funny, because it doesn't look like much, really, but he thinks it is so fun to put the arm down and make the trains stop. He yells "Stop, Thomas" or whoever. Then, he eventually lets the trains pass and is very satisfied. We have the regular Cranky. I don't think the deluxe is necessary. However, he really wasn't able to use Cranky until a couple of months ago (at 33 months or so). He got Cranky when he was 2 and couldn't get the handles coordinated and stressed me out that he was going to break Cranky (who is not that inexpensive). The other accessory that's kind of fun is the barrel loader. It comes with 3 barrels for some odd reason (and a car that holds only 2 of them). Basically you like the car under the barrel loader, push a lever and a barrel drops into the car. DS mainly likes elevation. So, anything with hills is a hit with him. I don't know anything about the Quarry Mine Tunnel.

luvtoshop
07-16-2005, 12:12 AM
We don't have the train table yet--but whenever we go to the store that has it on display my dd plays endlessly with the car wash. we'll definitely get that piece first. : )

Sandra
Mommy to 2 sweet girls!

jubilee
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I know my son would adore the train wash. They have two versions, but of course- he is drawn to the more expensive, deluxe lights-and-sounds one! It is certainly on Logan's wish list :)

kensjen
07-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I just wanted to bump this up. We got a few gift certificates for DS's bday and I want to add a few more pieces. :)

lfp2n
07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
My DD loved pushing trains through the tunnel in TRU so I wanted to get a tunnel to add to our Conductors Set. When I compared the tunnel sold separately from Thomas with the Brio one, the Brio one seemed better, its better made (less cardboardy) and has these cow heads that bob up and down as the train goes through, and its cheaper- so thats my recommendation.

Lucy DD 3/03

brittone2
07-27-2005, 05:10 PM
DS is just getting into Thomas increasingly more but he likes the water tower at 17 months :)

LBW
07-28-2005, 08:50 AM
We have the Quarry Mine Tunnel and DS loves it. It's probably his favorite accessory. He especially likes to send the trains up the wrong way. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.