PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't we buy this sooner?!

mamalia
07-17-2005, 02:08 PM
What baby item do you wish you had bought sooner?

We set up our FP highchair today & while we don't plan on starting solids for another month, DH and I both feel we should have bought the chair sooner! DD has always insisted on being part of the action at meal time, which has meant we put first her kick&play and then her bumbo seat on the table, and while we took many precautions we we were still not totally fond of this because of the possibility she might fall off.

Enter the highchair - it has a three-part recline on it so she could have used it even before her semi-successful sitting attempts, it's close to eyelevel, and it's mobile so I can bring her around the kitchen with me so she can watch as I get meals ready. This is going to make life sooooo much easier!

Malia

houseof3boys
07-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks for posting this! We have the FP chair from our first child shoved in a corner (he is in a Kinderzeat) and I forgot about all of the adjustments on it. Looks like the little one will be part of the action tonight at the table instead of relegated to her bouncy chair while we eat. :)

anamika
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Our playard!! It has a nice bassinet feature and a chnaging table!! Since we live ina two level house, whenever we were downstairs we were putting her on the floor (on make shift bedding) and also changing her on the floor.
Once we got the playard, it was great.

mamalia
07-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Hope your lil' one enjoyed dinner! :)

August Mom
07-18-2005, 12:02 AM
A video monitor. We bought it when we thought DS was injuring himself in his crib. But, it would have been so nice to have had it earlier so we could see why DS was fussing without going in there, waking him up completely, etc.

Karenn
07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Me too! I couldn't believe how worth the money a video monitor was.

Another thing I wish I'd bought sooner was my hotsling. I got it when DS was 7ish months. I would have loved to have had it sooner!

stillplayswithbarbies
07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Cloth diapers! We started at 6 months and I wish we had started right from birth. I couldn't believe that they don't smell. All these years I thought that baby pee smelled and it turns out that it is the disposable diapers that smell, not the baby pee.

houseof3boys
07-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Ditto on the video monitor too! We love it now that Ryan is in a big boy bed too so we can see him playing and talking to himself (endless entertainment). We need to get another one for Riley now.

mamalia
07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
We never really thought about getting a video monitor but maybe this makes sense given that our second FP monitor (in 5 months!) is on its last leg - there's sooooo much static on the recievers.

Is the video clear enough to see if their eyes are open or closed? This might help when DC is crying out but we're not sure if she's just mid-sleep cycle or not. Hmmmm, also as they become more mobile you could probably see if they're sitting up in their crib or about to climb out without actually going in...

Do you have any video monitor reccs? I'm probably going to research it more! Thanks!
Malia

kensjen
07-18-2005, 05:06 PM
We have had a few purchases like that.

One, I have to agree with Karen on cloth diapers. We started at 4 months and I wish I could have back all the money we spent on nb swaddlers. :)

Also, the sand and water table. We just got this the other day (the step2) and DS loves it. He could play with it for hours, and actually doesn't mind staying on the deck (usually he wants to get down and run in the yard). I wish I would have gotten this last year.

The kinderzeat...love this. DS figured out how to get the tray off on his FP highchair and I had to order one quickly. Now that we all eat at the table together, DS eats better and behaves better at mealtime.

That is all I can think of right now!