PDA

View Full Version : Bath seat for 6 month old! Help! Need advice...

oviedomomjan05
07-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I have always found the help I need on this board! Now is another time...My son is still attempting to use his infant tub for baths because I have yet to purchase a seat and/or tub for the next stage. He can almost sit all the way up, but needs help or at least a little support. He is a little on the tall side (over 27 inches) so he really is too big for the infant tub. I need to find either a seat to put in the tub or one of the blow up options I have seen on the internet.

He loves the bath so much that I don't want to take away that fun time for him. I thought the seats that suction to the bottom would be the best for supporting him, but need some advice from real world users!

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance for the help!

oviedomomjan05

icunurse
07-18-2005, 10:38 AM
We have an inflatable bath tub from One Step Ahead and have been using it for a while. DS loves it and I like that, since it's inflated, it gives his head a little protection if he should fall backward from sitting or whatever. Code for 15% off BDAYJULY

http://www.leapsandboundscatalog.com/product/27224/107755/117.html

Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

dules
07-18-2005, 11:44 AM
We have one similar to Traci's only it's an inflatable duck. I have seen it at Target and Buy Buy Baby for around $12. DD loved it from the first time we used it and would beg us to make the duck quack (you squeeze his bill).

One problem with the inflatable tubs is that they are not small, so you need to have someplace you can put them if you share a bathroom with the baby.

The suction cups on the bottom let you hang it on the bath wall to dry.

Good luck!

Best,

Mary

P.S. We have an extra deep kitchen sink and bathed DD in there for quite some time. We'd put a baby "body sponge" on the bottom and up the back and she was very cozy.