PDA

View Full Version : Portable Bath Tub for 25lb 1 year old

strusmom
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
I have a 25lb 1year old boy. We travel back & forth b/w UK and US at 3x a year and he's my 2nd (e.g. alot of stuff to pack!).

1) Could you tell me the name of a bathtub that packs very small.
2) Portable High Chair?
3) Is there is a portable bed that packs lighter than a Pack N Play?

THANKS!!

Emmas Mom
07-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, I ususally find good travel ideas at One Step Ahead (though they are not always the cheapest). My first thought is that when you go to the UK are you staying with family?? Could they buy any of these items for you (or you give them the money to them so they can buy them for you) & keep them at their house? That way you wouldn't even have to pack them since they'd already be there. If not, here's a couple ideas:

Bathtub: inflatable (these work great & pack VERY small). I actually bought a BRU brand for about $10 & packed it inside a 1 gallon zip lock bag). Similar to this one at OSA...
http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=107755&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=107755&change=117

Portable High Chair: this LOOKS like it's fairly small & has a travel bag...
http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27208/308776/117.html

I can't help you with the travel bed cause I could only think of a Pack & Play & they're all pretty comparable when you fold them up in their travel bags. Maybe someone else will have more ideas for you. Good luck!

amp
07-19-2005, 12:39 PM
We've never traveled w/ a tub. It's easier to bring them in the shower with you. But that's just my humble opinion.

There are several portable high chairs out there. Ours was one of the folding ones that has straps to hook it to a regular chair, although when traveling, we usually just used the high chairs in restaurants and used Wet Ones to clean them up well.

We always used the PNP, so I can't speak about other beds.

hellosmiletoday
07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
You could also buy a cheap plastic storage bin (under the bed, etc). That's what each of the grandparents have at ther house. I almost like it better than the inflatable one I have at home. My daughter is 18 lb and fits in one of those square plastic cleaning tubs that are like $1!