PDA

View Full Version : Please help me ID this Kettler

JFC
07-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Please help me identify this Kettler trike...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28325.jpg

The seller says it is an Air Happy, but the frame doesn't look like it to me. Any ideas? Also, it is being sold (used) for $85, do you think that is a good deal?

Thanks so much for your help!!

new_mommy25
07-19-2005, 09:07 PM
It very well could be an Air Happy. Those are air tires and the happy does not come with the dump bucket. Kettler has changed its designs over the years, changing or discontinuing models, so it is possible. Do you know when they purchased it?

A basic air model Kettler is $159.99. So depending on the condition (looks pretty good) then it is a nice deal. Though I suspect they start at $80 and expect to be bargained down. It's worth a shot anyway.

JFC
07-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks so much for your response!

DDowning
07-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Two things strike me - The metal push bar and the metal brake. I have the Air Jumbo and both are a colored baked enamal bar. If I remember correctly at one time BRU or some big box type store sold a similiar version of the Air Happy (the Combi?). You might want to ask the seller where/what retail source the trike was purchased from. The answer to that should give you more help on whether the price is justified.

slknight
07-21-2005, 09:26 AM
You can ask the seller to tell you the serial number that's on the bottom of the trike. Then call Kettler parts and service with the number, and they will tell you what model it is.

kimszym
07-24-2005, 02:25 AM
That is what our air happy looks like puurchased in november 2002.