PDA

View Full Version : How to paint cardboard box "house"?

entttc
07-19-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't be the first parent who has cut a door and windows into a huge cardboard appliance box and called it a toddler playhouse. I have fabric for the curtains, but what do I use to paint it (type of paint and equipment)? I am not handy or creative in any way, and am also very pregnant, if that matters.

JTsMom
07-19-2005, 02:53 PM
You could use acrylics from a craft store. There are a ton of colors, and they are less than a dollar apiece usually. Just buy some cheap brushes, and maybe some stencils if anything catches your eye. You could even buy some sponge stamps to do flowers or bugs or something- just dip them in paint and press them on.

I painted some craft stuff with acrylics when I was pg. There isn't much of a smell, so I don't think the fumes are too bad, but I don't think any paint is technically 100% safe. Just try to use them outdoors if possible, or at least in a well ventilated room.

I think that the carboard play house is a great idea, and I bet it will look really cute with the curtains.

Oh, and you might want to try familyfun.com for some ideas. I remember them doing a cardboard castle a few months ago.