PDA

View Full Version : monitors and cordless phones

melbb
07-22-2005, 12:41 PM
It seems that the Sony Baby Call monitor is highly recommended. We have 2 900 MHz cordless phones and am a little worried about possible interference. What has been your experience with this? It seems that the most highly recommended monitors are 900 MHz and we live in a 2 story 2000 sq ft house, so we really need something powerful and don't feel we have any other option. I would appreciate any input on this.

Jen841
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
We lived in a 20 unit condo and has not issues, and nor do we in our house with our phones : )

Calla
07-23-2005, 12:51 PM
No way to know without trying it. The Sony Baby Call didn't work for us unfortunately -- we live in an urban area and we were picking up neighbor's phone calls. We had to try four different monitors before we found one that worked without something interfering. UGH! Just make sure to buy it from somewhere with a good return policy. (Babies R Us will take back an open box.)

AmyN
07-25-2005, 10:41 AM
We have the Baby Call monitor, three cordless phones (two different brands) a video monitor and regularly use cell phones in the house and we have had no confict with the Baby Call and all our other electronics. I regularly bring the monitor outside with me and have had no issues there either. I would highly recommend this monitor and think you should give it a try. Amy