PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal on Small World Play kitchen

aim
07-22-2005, 01:29 PM
I have been trying to figure out what play kitchen to get DS for a long time. I have been thinking of getting him the Small world kitchen pieces (went and checked them out in person and liked then just fine) I still was not quite decided. Well, today I came across a great deal that tipped the scales

The Refrigerator normally $130 is on sale for 77.95

http://imaginetoys.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_G4038

The sink/stove combo normally $150 is on sale for 89.95

Shipping for both is 37.95

so the total for the whole kitchen shipped is 205.85.

I was going to wait and tell MIL about it when she got back from vacation. But knowing that if I waited it would probably be gone I emailed inaginetoys.com and asked how long the sale would run. They got back to me in minutes and said they had three left and when they were gone they were not restocking the item.

Well, I ordered one set so there are two left - just thought I would let people know incase anyone was on the fence about this kitchen.

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

dules
07-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Wow, thank you. That was the one that I had chosen days ago for DD's birthday/Holiday gifts in November - December. I just bought them with this great deal, makes me feel better, I was so on the fence about the price of a wooden kitchen.

Thanks again!

Best,
Mary

momtoemma
07-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks for posting this deal! I have been thinking about wooden kitchens for months now, and the Small World one was my favoite! I just ordered a set, and am hoping that I will really get it. The webpage showed it was instock, but with those kind of stock numbers, I am a bit uncertain.

aim
07-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Glad I could help someone - hopefully you guys got the last two kitchens - it jsut feels so good to be ablet o pass along a good deal - amy

DebbieJ
07-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I tried to order this yesterday despite the posts here.

I ordered online and it went through saying everything was in stock. My confirmation email said nothing about backorders, out of stock, etc.

So today I called them to double check and the stove/sink is no longer available at all and the fridge is backordered til August.

I've been looking around elsewhere for the stove and sink combo and the cheapest I can find it is ~$140. I've asked two companies to price match, but no answer yet.

But the fridge price is the best one around, so if you want it, you should place an order!!

HTH!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

dules
07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry Debbie! I called them and it took 2 days to find out if my order did, indeed, go through (it did, yay!). They seem to have a big disconnect between customer service, website and warehouse...honestly I think the CS rep sent someone to the warehouse to check, lol!

They were VERY nice, though. I only called once, Monday AM, and they promised to get back to me that day. When they didn't have an answer, they called just to say they were still working on it and would get back to me on Tuesday - which they did. I'd buy from them again just for the great, conscientous (sp?) customer service.

My local Learning Express has the separate pieces (not the one-piece stove/sink) in the store, so if it had come to that I would have purchased them there and the price would have been comparable to this one with shipping. This is the store in Upper Montclair, NJ, if anyone is still looking.

Best,
Mary

Laela
07-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Do you think this kitchen would be a good gift for a one year old boy? Or should I wait until he is older?

TIA!

DebbieJ
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
It might be a little old for him. But you can't beat the price, so if you want it for later, I would grab it.

Just know that they are totally out of the sink and stove unit and aren't restocking it, but they can get the fridge for you on backorder.

We are getting the pieces for my son's 2nd b-day and Christmas.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

holliam
07-28-2005, 01:45 PM
My daughter is the same age/month as your son. I got her the BabyStyle kitchen for Christmas. Her birthday is 9/6 so she will be almost 16 months at the holidays. I don't expect her to be doing pretend play with it, but I think she can still have fun playing with it at that age.

Holli

aim
07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, I must say that I was concerned that maybe the kitchen would not come - but today they arrived on my doorstep - We are not planning on giving it to Ben until christmas so I won't put them together now. But I am very excited that at least a couple of people got to share on this great price.

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

dules
07-28-2005, 08:38 PM
We got ours today too. It's taking all my willpower not to at least peek in the boxes!

Best,
Mary