PDA

View Full Version : $10.50 for replacement screws?!?!

Maria K
07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
I bought a Graco swing 2nd hand at a garage sale... nice enough... clean as a whistle... seems to work fine... no recalls...

I get it home and find that there are two screws missing... the two that hold the seat to the frame... pretty important.

I go to Graco's website and to buy these two little screws and have them stuck in the mail will cost me

$10.50!

Please, someone help me out here. If I can figure out what size screw to use, I can buy a truckload at Home Depot for $10.50.

Anyone?

- Maria

toomanystrollers
07-23-2005, 05:42 AM
I'd pop the swing apart & bring the seat and one side of the frame to Home Depot. I'm sure an associate can help you find just the right size.

HTH

sobers3
07-23-2005, 06:14 AM
If the guys at Home depot are clueless, bring the screws or seat to an old fashioned Hardware Store. We have a few in our town and I always leave with just what I need. $10.50 is 1/3 the cost of a new swing! GL Mary

amp
07-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Call Graco and just tell them what you need. They may try to charge you, but maybe they won't. Can't hurt to try.

And like Pam said, if that fails, take the screw to Home Depot or Lowes or any hardware, and match it up.