PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for play kitchen

TahliasMom
07-23-2005, 03:21 PM
so much for a christams gift. so we got the stove and fridge set up for DD (the one from babystyle) and now need some food items (preferably wooden) and pots and pans (preferably metal). Is there a place i can just buy a whole set, especially for food, because most place have fruits, veggies, etc separate and it gets pricey. and i'll even settle for plastic...
TIA!!!

toomanystrollers
07-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I noticed my local Target has a whole line of wood food & metal pots/pans for play kitchens. T.J. Maxx and Marshalls carries similiar items too (if in your area).

HTH

pritchettzoo
07-23-2005, 11:10 PM
This set is a good deal for wooden food: http://www.creativebrainsonline.com/meldougfoodc.html
We're saving the pizza and birthday cake sets for later, but opened everything else! :)

And the Target metal pan set is cute. DD's not really into the actual cooking part yet, so I haven't bothered. Maybe that I can save for Christmas.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

kijip
07-23-2005, 11:46 PM
We purchased metal and enamel cook sets at IKEA in the kids section. Super cute and only like $4 for a set! We also got some wooden veggies and fruits that velcro together with a wooden "knife" to cut them cut. It was $12 for 5 pieces. I cant remeber the name but we got them at Clover Toys here in Seattle. Here is the website: www.clovertoys.com

TahliasMom
07-24-2005, 08:40 PM
thank you. i'm going to check these out!!!

zuzu
07-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I second the IKEA sets, if you have a store nearby. We got a blue enamel coated pots and pans set, a baking set, and a set of metal cooking utensils. Sarah plays with these every day.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

TahliasMom
07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Great. I"m making a trip to IKEA on Friday when i get paid. :)

starrynight
07-25-2005, 12:51 PM
If your TRU has an imaginarium section they have good stuff. There is a coffee maker set, blender and hand mixer each set is $19.99 they are made by kidkraft but sold under the imaginarium brand. These are very similar to the $40 kidkraft sets, just minor details changed to make them a bit cheaper. To me, very worth the $20 difference in price, we love the blender, I haven't bought the other sets yet.

If you have a cost plus world market near you I bought a veggie set and a fruit set for $12.99 each.

andie16
07-25-2005, 02:54 PM
We have the Melissa and Doug fruit/veggie cutting set and sandwich set ($15 from T.J. Maxx) and I just picked up a Kidkraft wooden toaster from Tuesday morning for $10.

We still need pots and pans and some more food to stock ours. Things do add up quickly.

I was planning on the kitchen (also the one from babystyle) being a birthday present, but like you, couldn't wait.

TahliasMom
07-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh we have Tuesday Morning here too and I wasn't sure what it was. Is it an outlet store like TJ Maxx? i must go check it out!