PDA

View Full Version : Philips Baby Monitor

jamiegirl
07-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi!

Anybody using the Philips baby monitor now? How do you like it?

Where can I buy it online? I've searched everywhere and no one seems to have it.

Thanks!
Jamie
DD Marcia 4/5/05

kozachka
07-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I got ours refurbished from eBay for half the price. We've used it for 20 months both in a house and an appartment and had no problems whatsoever. You'd have the best selection at Philips own website. Target.com used to carry them as well.

Did you do a Froogle search?

ETA: Just checked, for some reason neither Target.com not Amazon.com carry Philips Baby stuff anymore. Sales must have been slow, which is a shame. IMHO Philips baby monitors are better(more stylish, compact etc.), at the very least comparable to Sony ones. Unfortunately Philips brand is not as strong here in the US.

I did a quick search on Froogle and the Philips baby monitor that we have can be purchased from http://www.bobsdiscountmart.com/pucbm.html for $25.46, which is a very good price. The original price was around $60 or $70 when I was pregnant.

JTsMom
07-26-2005, 01:18 PM
We have one, but we've only used it twice. It seems to cut out at times, kwim? We had the mobile playing so we heard that, then it would stop, then pick up again. We ended up putting it right in the crib (DS was too little to move near it).

I got it at Tuesday Morning for under $20. I think Philips is discontinuing them, which is probably why it's hard to find.

kimk33
07-28-2005, 10:25 PM
I've been using this monitor for 15 months. We have 2 of them one in the nursery, one in the family room. I have them set to 2 different channels, so I can monitor either room with the receiver. We've never had any problems with the monitor inside our house, but we can't take it very far outside before it is out of range. I've seen them on ebay recently for pretty cheap.

lisahloo
07-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi - we have a Philips, the one with the rechargeable batteries. Its wonderful. It does cut in and out - its supposed to. It only picks up sound when the sound level changes in your child's room. So if the baby starts crying, it picks up. Hard to explain, but once you get used to it, its fabulous!! If you have a white noise machine or music playing in baby's room, you don't have to listen to it too, and there's no static or other noise from the monitor. The previous poster may have had theirs cut in and out from their mobile or music if the volume changed or there was a sudden different noise (ours occasionally picked up when our symphony in motion mobile was playing as the plastic clunked together).

If you can find it, I highly recommend it. All of my friends who've seen mine covet it!! Try searching Philips sbc sc 765/91 (the model #).

Good luck!!

Oh - and ours has a pretty good range, no complaints here for that.

sophiecat
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM
We still are. I mostly love it (well, the original one). You can now find them at Big Lots, seriously, but the last 2 we bought there, both were dead in a day and one wouldn't even work (and no it wasn't the batteries). We were tryign to get a new set for our now 8week old. So keep the receipt.

NYSarah
08-01-2005, 09:15 AM
We have the "Read and Rest Easy" Philips and it's great -- it's the one that displays the temp of baby's room on the receiver. It got amazing ratings but was discontinued shortly after we got it -- and I heard that Philips discontinued their entire baby line here in the US -- which is a shame because it is all wonderfully designed and very functional. If you can find an unused one on ebay I highly recommend it!

kjezierski
08-01-2005, 01:05 PM
We've had ours for 15 months and love it - no problems at all. I got ours on eBay. When we were shopping for them they were sold by Sears. You might try there if you want to buy retail.

Kathleen
Mommy to Alex
04/29/04

jamiegirl
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Thank you so much for all your input.
Unfortunately, Philips did discontinue their baby monitors in North America. I found some on Ebay (used) but from the UK.

Thanks again!
Jamie