PDA

View Full Version : 40% coupon to AC Moore--which Thomas set should I get?

nicknack
07-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Just got this coupon in a circular and I have to use it by Wednesday. We plan on getting Brooks a train table and accessories for Christmas, so I thought we'd stock up slowly over the next few months.

So is there a particularly good Thomas thing that I should get? We'll get him a lot of the trains themselves, etc...but since it's 40% off, I thought I might get a more expensive item to get the best deal.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and how often do these come around? I haven't noticed them before since I wasn't really looking.

Thanks!
Nicole

heatherlynn
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure what set you should get, but I think using the coupon for an expensive item is right on target. I haven't seen any AC Moore coupons lately, but sometimes they come once a week (a lot of times inside the paper as an "ad" not as a circular). Also, Michael's and Joanne's will accept competitor's coupons (at least where we are in Massachusetts). Oh, and sometimes the Thomas stuff is excluded so you might want to check that.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

littleme2
07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi, I think you should probably get the Thomas Figure 8 starter set. It usually runs for $40-50 so you could save a lot by using that coupon.

Hope that helps.

ett
07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
We get the AC Moore circular every week in the mail with our supermarket flyers and there's always a 40% off coupon in it. It does have to be on a regular price item so if the Thomas stuff is on sale (it's on sale here this week) then you can't use it.

As for which set to get, a search in this forum will give you lots of ideas.

lisak
07-26-2005, 03:14 PM
There is a also a promotion going on right now where if you spend $30 on any Thomas wooden railway products, and you send in $2.99 for s/h, you'll receive a metallic-colored Thomas engine ($9.99 value).

Try going to this link
www.thomastrains.com
or
http://www.trainsgalore.com/images/thomas/204409.pdf

The 2nd link is through an online store. I posted this so you could read the fine print.

I picked up a flier at TRU, and the 1st link is where you can pay via credit card.

HTH!