PDA

View Full Version : Cool source for toys, furniture, gear, etc. Lakeshore Learning

MarisaSF
07-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but it is new on my radar.
Lakeshore Learning:
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/LSHomeSelection.process?def_page=home&referer=&clearTracking=&uniq=2005yr%3A7mth%3A16day%3A22hr%3A33min%3A17s%3A 31ms%3A+

Not sure if Lakeshore offers the *best* prices, but they seem reasonable, at least. A great source for inspiration!

Oh, and, rest assured, I don't work there or have any affiliation. Never even shopped there actually, but a good friend of mine has bought several things from them. They've got B&M stores too.

supercalifragilous
07-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Lakeshore is having a huge back-to-school sale going on now where a lot of their stuff is 20% off. I think it ends the beginning of September so you still have some time. I got a bunch of their glitter dough, some painting accessories, and a giant washable stamp pad (for hand prints) on sale.

Also check out Discount School Supply. They're pretty comparable in prices and have simliar items. I prefer the Lakeshore dough though - the DSS stuff seems to dry out quickly. And one thing that DSS carries that Lakeshore doesn't is the wooden lacing beads. So it's good to check out both. DSS has a pretty decent clearance section the last time I checked, and they offer sales and special offers once in a while too so it'd be worth it to sign up on their e-mail lists.

Oh, and at Lakeshore if you're an educator (you have to show your license) you get an additional discount each time - I think it's like 15% on TOP of any current sales.

ett
07-28-2005, 02:26 PM
They just opened a store near my house. They have some great stuff there.