PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Wooden Railway: Battery trains or regular?

eb1
07-27-2005, 06:02 AM
Does anyone have strong preferences for either type? I'm trying to slowly buy some Thomas pieces on sale for Christmas and am not sure whether to get any of the battery-operated trains. My DS will be almost two when he receives these.

TIA!

Raidra
07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Colwyn loves the battery operated trains, but I hate them. He'll turn one on and just let it go, and if he leaves it on the floor, it more often than not gets stuck under the couch. I hate having to find them and turn them off.

You could just buy one and see how he likes it.. if it drives you nuts, take the battery out. :)

nitaghei
07-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd stick with the regualar ones. The battery powered ones are really annoying. And, at least my DS likes to lift his one battery powered engine and just let it run. Not good for the engine, and really annoying to listen to. I've hidden it away. :)

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

Oregonmother
07-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I would definitely get at least one battery powered train, DS loves his. It can pull about 4-5 non battery powered trains and it's pretty fun. We have a train table and DS is pretty good about keeping the trains on the table (after some training).

JElaineB
07-27-2005, 08:53 PM
We have one battery operated engine and it is hidden away. DS likes it to run all over the carpet instead of on the tracks. Or if he does run it on the tracks he is just mesmerized by it and doesn't actively play. I would say if you want to try it, buy one and see how he does, but I wouldn't "stock up" on battery operated engines.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

JBaxter
07-27-2005, 09:47 PM
We have on battery Thomas everything else is Nathan power.