PDA

View Full Version : I HATE my highchair!! Please give me some recommendations!!

annasmom
07-27-2005, 09:48 AM
I have an Evenflo highchair (I think its called Simplicity??). Anyway, it is a nightmare! I do not know who designed this chair, but it's as if the designer is playing some sick joke. There are so many crevices which makes it so difficult to clean! I have to use a toothpick to get all of the food from the crevices in the chair!! I used it for my dd, and am currently using it for my ds. It isn't so bad right now because ds is still little, the mess he makes is pretty manageable. However, I refuse to use it for much longer. I simply cannot live through another toddler in that highchair! I never replaced it for dd because I honestly never saw anything that I thought looked any easier to clean. I also do not like the wheels on the highchair. I thought it would be great to move across the floor, but the wheels constantly get locked and are a pain in the neck to unlock (at least not with bare feet!! LOL!, o.k., maybe this isn't a legitimate gripe!). I actually used some very old cheapy vinyl highchairs at my sister's house and my sil's house that I loved! So easy to clean, very light weight (don't have wheels, but glide across the floor). Does anyone have any suggestions??? TIA!