PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if they still make the SPIN ART machine?

Corie
07-28-2005, 04:19 PM
I had one when I was younger. You put a piece of paper
into the paper holder thing. Turn it on and the paper
starts spinning very fast. Then you add the drops of
paint to create your masterpiece.

Where can I get one?? I think my daughter would love
this! :)

Thanks for your help!

jennifer_r
07-28-2005, 04:22 PM
I've seen it fairly recently, but don't remember where. Check out the children's section of an arts and crafts store.

Good luck with the search.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

zoethebeagle
07-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I just bought one for a birthday present at Target (in the crafts/ markers section).

I've also seen them at Michaels and Toys R Us.

My 3.5 year old loves this and we often give it as a birthday present!

Sarah1
07-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes--I have also seen these at Target. Saw them last time I was there, just a few wks ago. HTH :)

laretce6
07-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm so glad to hear they still make these. I had one and it was a favorite although my Mom hated it ;-) My Mom was not so much a fan of my creative side. I'm left handed and I always had marker all over the side of my hand from dragging it accross my writing ;-)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

dms619
07-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Funny thing, I was just reading a baby magazine in the doctor's office and there was an article about using "the salad spinner" to make spin art. It said to put a paper plate on the bottom of the spinner with a few drops of food coloring - and spin! Worth a try!

Good luck, Debbie

zuzu
07-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Talk about a blast fron the past! :)

Sarah came home from daycare with a spin art creation last week, and I was wondering if they still made the machines.

Thanks for the sources!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

houseof3boys
07-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Great idea. I have an old salad spinner that I was going to donate but I'll try it out with this tip and see if it works. It sounds fun!! Thanks Debbie :)