PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite "Touch-and-Feel" type books

MarisaSF
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
We have "T&F Farm" and "Pat the Bunny."

DD is very tactile these days and I *think* more touch-type things would make a great 1st bday gift.

What are faves around your house?

holliam
07-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Tails is Mari's most favorite book. It's wonderful! There are also several by Usborne with titles like "That's Not My [Dinosaur/Dog/Cat,etc.]" that she enjoys. There is another (forget the author) that I think is called "Animal Kisses" or something like that too.

Holli

dules
07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Tails is great! So is Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings, by the same author. We would not have gotten through Christmas Mass without T&F Farm.

DD also likes a Boynton one that we picked up on a whim called Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy. It's very short and simple and I'd think it wasn't worth the $ when I look at it (as a grownup) but she gets lots of entertainment out of it so who am I to say? LOL.

Best,
Mary

californiagirl
07-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Tails is too fragile for DD, but we do well with most of the "Kisses" books (Animal Kisses is the sturdiest, Peekaboo Kisses is her favorite). We have a touch-and-feel Winnie the Pooh book that I got used which is great -- it has the original text (shortened, I think) about Pooh getting stuck, and the bits to feel are particularly nice. It doesn't look like Amazon has that one, though, so I don't know if it's still in print.

amp
07-29-2005, 12:54 PM
The Usborne "That's not my..." books are good. We had "That's not my Puppy" but there are others. Also, if you just go into a bookstore, you'll find other DK Publishing books like Touch and Feel Farm that are good (Pets, Dinosaur, etc).

We also started getting into Lift the Flap books shortly after DS turned a year old. Be forewarned though, they will get ripped/torn. I just chalked it up to normal stuff in being a young kid. One of our favs was Jane's Animal Expedition from Baby Einstein. That book has more tape in it now than any book we own! There are also a lot of lift the flap books from DK Publishing and Priddy or Priddy Bicknell.

jennifer_r
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
My favorite Touch and Feel book is Violet's House by Baby Einstein. It has about 3-4 different textures on each page and each one is very different - For example, there is an orange and it feels like an orange! There's also finger paints that are really sticky, poodle hair, yarn for hair on the rag doll, etc. I've never seen such variety for touch and feel as in this book and DD loves it. I found that most other books have just a few textures and they all tend to feel the same.

We ordered it from Amazon.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

mudder17
07-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Yup, Tails is great. Kaya also loves the Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy one. She loves lifting the flaps to look at the two chicks at the end and petting the various animals. There's also Touch and Feel Kitten, Little Fuzzy Lamb and Clifford's Furry Friends. She likes all of those.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

MarisaSF
07-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks all!
I was able to find most of the one's mentioned at <big box book retailer> and am very happy to report I found Violet's House at Ross (not sure if Ross is national; it's like a Marshalls or TJ Maxx), so very discounted.

Getting so excited about DD's bday. She's gonna love these book! Many hugs and thanks.

bluhimmy
08-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Usborne has several touch and feel books. In addition to the "That's not my..." series, there's also a few other ones. We have several of them; DS can't get enough of those books.

kjezierski
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
DS loves the Usborne books and "Dinosaur's Binkit" by Sandra Boynton.

Kathleen
Mommy to Alex
04/29/04