PDA

View Full Version : 2 monitors in one house? What brand to buy?

my3fallkiddos
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
For DS (20 months) we still use his baby monitor since he still wakes up 1-2 times a night. We have the Sony babycall monitor. However, I lost the power cord for the receiver, so I called Sony and it's costs $25.99 to replace the cord plus $6.95 shipping! It would cost the same to just replace it. And ours goes through batteries quickly so getting that power cord was going to save us an big annoyance.

And we're due with another baby this September so we'll have 2 monitors in one house. Since it looks like I'll be buying a new monitor for DS, is there a brand(s) of monitors where you can use two in one house?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

mom to little e
07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Carrie,
We have the same monitor and our power cord died. We went to a local Radio Shack and were able to get an ac adapter fairly cheap. Maybe you could take the monitor there (or someplace like it) and see if they have one that works. We have had zero problems with the new power adapter.

Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

luvtoshop
07-31-2005, 10:18 AM
I used two Baby Call monitors in my house for my girls. Sorry to hear about the power cord. Radio Shack idea sounds like a great idea. Good luck!

Sandra
Mommy to 2 sweet girls!