PDA

View Full Version : Video Monitor Recommendations?

tribegirl3
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
My DS is 15 months old and I was wondering if anyone had any video monitor recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Angie

Hippoharbor
07-29-2005, 05:30 PM
We just bought the Summer Infant monitor from Target for $99. I was told by AVTechsolutions.com rep that, b/c we live in townhouse and have wireless internet, that none of the wireless monitors would work. However, I decided to go ahead and try. His bedroom is on the third floor and we have the monitor on the first floor. Although the picture is kind of grainy, I can see Jordan and even tell if eyes are open/closed. So, it isn't picture-perfect but we are just so happy to have been able to get reception period!

From my previous searches on this board, a lot of people like the mobicam.
Michelle

tribegirl3
08-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks Michelle-
I did a search for video monitors and found a lot of great info! I found the mobicam on sale at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000246T54/qid=1123093593/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_1/104-4967953-1838348?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

I ordered mine from MyStrollers.com but haven't gotten it yet.

Hippoharbor
08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
I hope you really like it. I wanted the mobicam but since I was told that a wireless monitor would not work in my home, I was not willing on trying one out from an internet site. I figured if I bought the one from target and it didn't work, then I could easily return it w/o shipping charges, etc. As I mentioned, it doesn't give the best picture, but it still allows me to see what Jordan is up to while in his crib.