PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as a bike that will fit an average 20 month old?

chlobo
07-31-2005, 07:40 PM
My DD loves bikes. She always want us to put her on them and push her around. Are there any bikes that might actually be her size?

new_mommy25
08-01-2005, 02:36 AM
A 10" bike is probably the smallest one made. We have one and DS cannot reach the pedals yet. He is 34" tall. Here's a link http://tinyurl.com/bzu8v . We don't own that model but the link will give you a better idea on the size. We also have a Kettler with the push bar and DS can barely reach the pedals on that one. I guess he is just short :)

JSF111
08-01-2005, 03:26 PM
We have a Radio Flyer Ultimate Family Trike (rated well by the Oppenheim Toy portfolio) and we LOVE it. It has all the features that make it a great ride on toy/stroller alternative (steerable, pedals that aren't fixed so they don't whack your kid's legs), but its also an easy to pedal and steer first trike. Watch for sales at retailers - we got ours for $60, I think.

Jessica
Rebecca, Feb '03
Amelia, June '05

squimp
08-02-2005, 01:14 AM
I was at the bike store with DD this weekend. We were getting bored waiting for someone to help us, so DD tried bikes. She sat on a Gary Fisher Starfish bike and a couple Treks (surfer girl and grommet). These are 12" bikes targeted to 3-4 year olds. But I was surprised DD could easily reach the pedals on both. In fact better than the Trek trike! She's 21 months, but tall (>97% in height).

Now pushing them was another story, but they have a nice spin wheel feature I guess like the Kettlers, where the pedals don't spin unless she engages them. So I'm not sure she's ready yet, but it will be soon, and I'm guessing not that different from a Kettler in terms of time to self-propulsion!