PDA

View Full Version : Do Kettlers ride well on grass?

Grace_underfire
08-01-2005, 05:53 PM
I am going to be purchasing a Kettler for my son's second bday. We have a big backyard with grass and would like to be able to have him ride the trike there as well. Do I need to go with the air tires because of this? Will regular tires work on the grass in our yard? Also are the air tires hard to maintain?

Thanks!!!

houseof3boys
08-01-2005, 07:53 PM
We have the Air Jumbo and it works great on grass. The tires have been no maintenance thus far and I don't imagine them to be any more work than stroller tires.

Don't know about the regular tires on a grassy backyard, but I'm sure someone does!

He'll love it for his bday. :)

SuenosDelMar
08-01-2005, 11:26 PM
We have the navigator w/ regular tires and it works okay on grass. She doesn't pedal yet so we are using the stroller push bar - might not work so well when she has to pedal? We trike city sidewalks so I didn't want to worry about glass, etc punctures w/ air tires.

LiznSeb
08-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to say we too have the Kettler Air Jumbo. My DS (now 3 y.o) adores it. The first year we owned it we lived in NYC and we had no problems navigating the city sidewalks with it. Very smooth ride for my son.

We've since moved to the suburbs and it works great out here too. Does OK on grass. Can certainly be pushed on the grass and my son can pedal on the grass as well (at least when it's cut reasonably short) however he definitely prefers to pedal on the driveway and sidewalks.

We haven't had any maintenence issues with the air tires, aside from occasionally inflating them...actually I think I've only done that a few times in the two years we've owned it. Great purchase, your son will love it!

Liz

HannaAddict
08-03-2005, 01:00 AM
We have the regular Jumbo Kettler and now I do wish we had the air tires. I think they would be smoother on the sidewalks and easier on the grass at the park. Other than wishing we had the air tires, it is a great trike.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04