PDA

View Full Version : Opinions re FP Infant to Toddler Rocker

westamp
08-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Does anyone have the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker:

http://www.babyage.com/icons/localhost/products/medium/H0640.jpg

What do you think of this product? How long can you use it for the baby? My son is 13 lbs and counting and I don't want to invest in something that he'll only use for a week.

Thanks

Jen841
08-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Doing it all over again, I would have started with this. We borrowed my nephew's, and not we have one for ourselves. Jude at 2 sits in it to watch his videos. I love the longer life of it! We'll have the old bouncy on one floor for the babe, and this on the other. The hardest part will be keeping Jude out of it!

jwozy
08-02-2005, 09:33 AM
We have 2 of those and started using them at 4 months old when my ds outgrew the kick n play bouncy. My kiddos are almost 15 months and we are still using the chairs for videos, reading to them, and unfortunately both kids enjoy climbing on the chairs and rocking themselves while standing - but they know how to get off safely.

sdjeppa
08-02-2005, 11:00 AM
My son is almost 2, and we use it daily. We went through a period where he didn't use it much, around 1 yr old when he would climb on it, but now, he uses it to watch "his" shows.

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

MelissaTC
08-02-2005, 11:03 AM
It is a great seat! DS still sits in it to watch tv. Definitely worth the investment!

caheinz
08-02-2005, 11:03 AM
We used both the kick and play and this one. This was the backup when DS was younger (he LOVED the kick and play), but when he got more into the hanging toys, this one was good.

A couple of months ago, he started to climb in, stand and rock... flipped himself out twice, and it got put away for a while. I suppose we might try bringing it out again... He did know how to get out the right way, but he could also rock it hard enough to flip the whole chair over the top!

hellokitty1
08-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Like the other posters, we got this after she grew out of the bouncer. It wasn't a big hit at first but now that she's bigger she actually uses it more like to watch tv. it's a great buy.

jvorhis
08-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Don't use the rocking feature until they can get in and out of the chair by themselves. My MIL put DD in it this way and she tipped it, she was about 10 months.

SpaceGal
08-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Our son has used his from day one. When he was first born it was the only place he would sleep in other than in my arms. Now he will play in it, he uses the hanging toys as his "kick and play now" We still use it with the kick stand because he gets really crazy when he kicks the hanging toys. He's 5 months old now and there now sign of him not liking it. I hope that he will use it up until he's a toddler. My son is also 13lb now...he was 6lbs at birth.

If it matters anything, I bought this item based on high recommendations from Consumer Reports and Baby Bargains...it's pretty inexpensive for something that you can probably use for around 2 years. Granted it's not as bouncy as the bouncy seats but it works decently.

June Mommy
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I got this for my DS after he outgrew his Kick n' Play bouncer. After I got it, I realized I should have started with it, since it is basically the same thing and can be used longer. However, I DO NOT use it anymore and here is why...

I would usually put DS in this to watch Baby Einstein while I showered, put on makeup, etc. He was in it one day, and I was getting dressed, and I heard a thud and a scream. I ran in the room and he had tipped the whole thing over on himself. Unfortunately I had placed the seat a little too close to the TV stand, and he hit the bottom of it when he fell, busted his lip and cut his gum. He was bleeding everywhere. Luckily, it healed well and he didn't get hurt any worse, but since then I have been afraid to use it again.

No flames for leaving him unattended, please. Also, this chair has different positions, so I probably should have had it on a different setting. I was under the impression that it wasn't able to be tipped and therefore safer than the newborn bouncers, and obviously I shouldn't have trusted it! If that hadn't happened, though, I'm sure I would still be using it.

stillplayswithbarbies
08-04-2005, 02:56 PM
this is probably the single best purchase we made. We used it from birth and still use it today. As a baby, she took naps in it. Now she watches tv in it, plays in it, relaxes in it. It's the most useful thing we own.

In fact, I know people who had to buy a second one when they had another child because their toddler was still using it daily.

KrisM
08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
We got one at the beginning and he hated it. We went and got the Kick and Play bouncer, which he loved for months. At about 9 months, we got this one out again and now he loves it. Mostly, he uses it to watch a DVD, but does climb in and out during the day. We are still in the stationary mode though.