PDA

View Full Version : Which FP Little People sets ???

nc_hope
08-05-2005, 09:12 AM
As I'm pondering what should be on DS's wish list for his 2nd b-day, I'm considering adding another FP Little People set to his collection (he actually only has the Little People Farm now). I'm wondering which sets are popular at your house?

icunurse
08-05-2005, 09:35 AM
DS loves the castle set a lot. We're adding on the zoo and airport at Christmas.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

nc_hope
08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear your DS likes the castle... that's a top contendor I think. I'm curious where you're getting the airport from? I've seen the pics and it looks like fun, but everywhere I see it listed says its unavailable...? Has it been discontinued?

CiderLogan
08-05-2005, 02:32 PM
My DD loves the house and especially the playground (she carries the swing all around the house!).

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

icunurse
08-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh, no idea. I purchased one from Amazon (even with shipping, it was a betterprice on sale than at TRU IRL). I know our local TRU had a bunch there the last time I checked...
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

WisMommy
08-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Do you mind if I ask - where did you get the farm? I've been looking for it all over in stores here and only see about 3 different kinds; none of them are the farm and I'd love to get it.

nc_hope
08-05-2005, 03:23 PM
We got ours from a local discount store called Rose's. I have seen them in Wal-Mart, but haven't looked lately. I just checked Toys'RUs.com and they have them too. Hope that helps!

WisMommy
08-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks!! I checked our local Walmart and TRU stores but they didn't have the farm set so I think I'll go online now that I know they at least have them there. I appreciate the tip. :)

August Mom
08-05-2005, 03:46 PM
The bus is a huge hit around here.

nupe
08-05-2005, 04:04 PM
We have the Discovery Village from TRU. It is the only one we have. DS (14 mo) loves making the music play at the bandstand. One of the pieces didn't "snap" correctly in the base, so I called FP to see if they could send me that one part--they told me that the village was discontinued a long time ago, so they couldn't help me. I sure didn't know that it was already discontinued several months before I bought it! We still like it though.

Nupe

lisak
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
We have the train set,the zoo and the zoo train. The train set was popular a few months ago, then not so popular so I put it away, and its popular again.

Check target. I bought the train set there, and I think I saw the farm there awhile back.

bluestar2
08-05-2005, 05:45 PM
We have the bus, airport, farm, and little boat but DC at 19 months don't like any of them :(

ok sorry, I was no help at all! *I* have fun with the aiport LOL and someday maybe they'll like it too. The ramps around garage is supposed to be highly rated. I loved playing with it as a child.

essnce629
08-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Conner LOVED playing with the farm the other day at a friend's house. He wouldn't leave it alone. We have the bus and he plays with it daily, but he doesn't allow any of the people to be inside it! He'll be 2 on the 19th. Oh, and I saw the farm at Target tonight.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif 23 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

MichelleRC
08-06-2005, 10:00 AM
The school bus is a favorite with both boys and we also have Noah's Ark, Discovery Village and the zoo. DS#1 is really just getting into the sets now at almost 3 years old. I want to get him the garage for his birthday (also my favorite as a kid) but the castle sounds interesting.

DDowning
08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
My DS has the airport and it takes up a ton of room! I actually take it apart to store it when not in use. He likes playing with the ramps but I don't think its his favorite.

LittlePrince_Mom
08-06-2005, 01:50 PM
We have the Zoo train, the zoo, the playground and Noah's ark. DS loves Noah's ark which I liked the least at first, I really didn't think it had much playing value when we received it as a gift but DS has proved me wrong. He also loves loves loves the playground.
-E
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030916/2/7/2/+10/.png[/img][/url]
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

Vajrastorm
08-07-2005, 12:26 PM
The playground gets the most use here.

The farm is a hit, and so is the school bus. We have the amusement park, and the roller coaster is fun but bulky. Kids have a great time making the car slide down the coaster.

mattiew
08-07-2005, 03:51 PM
My DD really likes the Discovery Village (I have seen them in some Toys R Us stores)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000284X6M.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

house
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008ZCEF.01._PE17_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and the bigger vehicles (van, garbage truck, or bus).

HTH!
Carrie

jasmine
08-08-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised by Fisher-Price's response. DS had received a FP house as a gift and it was missing a cradle. I called FP and it turned out that the particular model was discontinued so they didn't have the part. So they told me to return it to the store. Since it was a gift, I didn't know which store to return it to. So they sent me a gift certificate to TRU for $20.

DS has the airport, garage, stack n crash, construction site, farm, and the ambulance/fire engine building. He also has the Noahs ark, train, and the zoo at his grandparents. He plays with all of them except for the ambulance/fire engine building. It doesn't seem to fit the vehicles very well, so he gets frustrated with it.

s7714
08-09-2005, 01:20 AM
We have too many to list them all (thanks to Grandma and great sales). DD kind of cycles through which ones she regularly plays with, but they all get used. We started out with the farm like you. She plays with the house and barn often, but the smaller things actually get played with more as she can carry them around the house with her.

I'd say the top faves for her right now are the playground and the school bus.

Currently I have the Discovery Village, Airport and a few smaller sets hidden in the closet for later dates. (Amazon/TRU recently had them at a REALLY low clearance price--looks like they've sold out of all the ones that were on clearance though. :( Maybe they'd have them on clearance at the B&M TRU stores too?)

I'm planning on getting the new A to Z Learning Zoo for DD soon as it looks pretty good. It might be something to consider for your DS if he's getting into all the different animals. The learning zoo comes with 26 animals--one for each letter of the alphabet! http://tinyurl.com/aphbj

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

Mikesa3
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I just saw the Learning Zoo on the Fisher Price website a couple days ago. It looks really neat. I'm hoping to find it on sale for my ds for Christmas. He loves he zoo train.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Mikesa3
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I just saw the Learning Zoo on the Fisher Price website a couple days ago. It looks really neat. I'm hoping to find it on sale for my ds for Christmas. He loves his zoo train.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

TahliasMom
08-10-2005, 02:36 PM
My DD is 15 months and currently she has the house, playground and the barn. she loves pushing all the buttons on the house and spinning the merry go around on the playground. we did not put the batteries in the barn (too annoying) but she likes throwing things down the shute and taking all the animals in and out of the barn. sometimes people end up in there too. :) and sometimes DD plays baby godzilla and drags the LP house or barn around the house.

For later we got the ferris wheel, construction zone and discovery village.

if i recall correctly, TRU had some sort of BOGO thing on Fisher Price stuff earlier in the year. and that's how we eneded up with so many. plus last christmas sears had a killer clearance on their website on FP little people stuff...wish i got more...

ett
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
We have the farm, garage, and Noah's Ark. Although, honestly, DS doesn't play with them that much. He likes to play with the animals, people, and cars, but does not care much for the set themselves. He has recently started to become interested in the garage and will send his trains down them sometimes.