PDA

View Full Version : How to Monitor 2 Babies in 2 Different Rooms with 2 receiver locations?

Khrys
08-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Ok, maybe this isn't possible.

I have a 20 month old daughter and another on the way. We live in a 3 story house. The babies will be in separate rooms on the first floor.

I need to be able to hear both rooms in our bedroom upstairs AND in my husband's office in the basement at the same time (he is often working while I am sleeping and will go to the baby if he's able, otherwise I would need to go, so we both need to be able to hear both rooms).

Is this possible? How?

If not... what are my options for monitoring two babies in two different rooms in multiple locations?

TIA!!

~Khrys.

julierobin
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
I had the same concern before I had DD (#2) so I bought another baby monitor set (same as I was using for DS). I was thinking that I would be able to set the base transmitters(?) on the same channel but in the different rooms and carry around one monitor. It did not work -- the interference was too much and there was a lot of buzzing/static/etc. I am using a safety 1st sound and lights monitor (which I love!).

So my first plan did not work, but this plan did: I put one baby monitor base in a central location between the two rooms (in the bathroom) and I have one "listening" monitor in our bedroom upstairs, one listening monitor in the basement and even a third that runs on rechrgable batteries that I carry around. One of the monitor sets I bought had one base and two portable -- then I bought that second set, too. Anyway... the monitor is SO sharp and picks up every noise from both rooms. I have never had a problem hearing either baby through one base. I can have two "listening" units on at the same time as long as they are not close to one another.

Good luck.

Julie

Julie with two kids Ben 8/7/03 and Maggie 1/15/05

Khrys
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Thank you Julie! This has been driving me nuts!

I hope this works!

Thanks again,

~Khrys.