PDA

View Full Version : Is corelle tidoo doll ok for a 16 mo old?

Christeen_Trevor
08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
I want my dd to have a baby doll. My mom said she would get her one. But then she called back with concern b/c the corelle website says 18months and up for the tidoo doll. Does anyone have this doll for a child younger than 18months? My dd is 16 months. Do you see any problem with her playing with it?

Christeen

stillplayswithbarbies
08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
We got it for Logan at 12 months with no problem.

californiagirl
08-08-2005, 04:52 PM
One thing you should know: there's a legal meaning to '3 years and up', which means 'this has parts that a small child could swallow and choke on'. Everything else is just the manufacturer guessing what age a kid will start enjoying it at. So DD loved her 18 month + Ikea cars at 9 months (and at 17 months is barely interested in them, go figure). 18 month+ is not a safety issue; Corolle thinks your DD is too little to be amused, your mother obviously disagrees. I wouldn't worry about it for a minute.

mominma
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
My DD also got this doll as a first birthday gift. She played with it, but really started enjoying it more around 2. She did like to take it in the bath with her, which was a nice feature of the tidoo.

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03