PDA

View Full Version : Bigger receiving blankets??

ajrivers
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I cannot find any that are bigger than 30 x 30 or 30 x 40 and a plain old blanket works better for swaddling Jake than the Swaddle Me blanket as he is a Houdini. I have to swaddle him with his feet out, but the blanket needs to be big enough to wrap all the way back around him to tuck in and secure the ends...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

HHCs Mom
08-08-2005, 08:21 PM
We had the same issues and my MIL actually made us some swaddling blankets out of soft fabric from the fabric store. She cut it to the size we wanted and then hemmed up the edges. Some were in soft cotton and some in a flannel like material for the colder months. They were our favorite swaddling blankets because they were the right size!

HTH!
Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

Mikesa3
08-09-2005, 06:49 PM
This is what I did for my last baby except I used my serger and serged w/a cordinating color that made it look really nice.I really liked having the larger size. Flannel is pretty cheap to buy if you know anyone who sews.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

supercalifragilous
08-10-2005, 10:33 AM
ITA with the PP - we had the same problem and DD was a Houdini as well so I ended up getting flannel from JoAnn's (they're always having some kind of sale or sending out 40% off coupons) and making my own larger blankets. We made ours more rectangular than square which worked better for us. There's nothing better than a custom-made blanket! Good luck!

neeter
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
We used a twin sheet that my mom cut up and hemmed.

Lmoor
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
My dd was amazing at getting out of her swaddle too. The swaddle me didn't work at all - sent it back immediately. If you are not domestically inclined (read: can't sew), like myself, try the miracle blanket. They sell it on babycenter, and the company has a website itself. It looks like a baby straight jacket, and really, it is... We used it to swaddle our dd in it until she was 6 months old! You do not have to tuck the legs in. It wraps around the baby twice.

JaysTeri
08-10-2005, 07:22 PM
We LOVED the Miracle Blanket. I have a little houdini and it was the only way we could get him to sleep (besides the sling) for the first few months! We used it until he was 4 mo.