PDA

View Full Version : Good toys for a 4 month old

megs4413
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
My DD has outgrown both her bouncy seat and swing....they may have low weight limits or height limits compared to others. She is about 26 inches long and weighs approximately 17 lbs. I am wondering what other sit me up toys she can be in. I have an exersaucer, but she can only take that for so long. I also have realized that all the toys I got as gifts when she first arrived are kind of getting old to her. I am afraid she needs some new stuff and new stimulation. Can anyone recommend some good toys for a 4 month old? She prefers soft things to hard. I think that's because everything ends up in her mouth and the soft stuff is easier to keep there.

GroversMom
08-09-2005, 05:54 AM
I started putting DS in his exersaucer around 2.5mos since he was already 26" then.... his head control was good so I just put a towel behind his back for extra support.... at first he could only figure out a couple of the toys but now he uses all of them and would play in it all day if I let him.

He also liked his playmat at 4 mos... now it is useless at 6 mos since he gets off of it faster than I can turn around.

One of the most adaptable items I have is my boopy. I used it to prop up DS so his head was elevated... now I wrap it around his waist when he's sitting in case he topples over. I also use it for tummy time. I put him on his tummy on it with some toys in front and it seems to make tummy time more enjoyable.

As for individual toys he likes the soft Lamaze toys and his teething rings. He also likes mirrors so I have a few that are made for babies that I put on the floor for tummy time.

Hippoharbor
08-09-2005, 07:14 AM
My DS is almost 6 mths old. He still likes his baby einstein stationary entertainer. I also got him the jumperoo almost 2 months ago and he just got the hang of it a couple wks ago. Besides rotating in those two items, I put would always put him on a blanket on the floor with his soft toys. I think getting enough floor time is very important and it has paid off for us b/c Jordan started crawling and sitting himself up at 5.5 mths. I also liked doing floor time for him b/c it gave him more of a chance to learn how to entertain himself better.

Michelle

megs4413
08-17-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks for the advice...goodness I don't know if I'm ready for her crawling in a month and a half!!! We're in st. louis too!

Calla
08-18-2005, 07:11 AM
You can try a Bumbo for sitting up.
http://www.bonnybabies.com/Newimages/cutiewbumbo.jpg

My 4.5 month olds favorite toy is the Winkle.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008XY4B.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg