PDA

View Full Version : Babicorolle or Calin Corolle doll for 1 year old

Babywhite
08-11-2005, 10:48 AM
I am wanting to buy a Corolle doll for my daughter's 1st birthday later this month. I noticed that they have a line for infants - the Babicorolle line.

I prefer to buy the Calin doll, but will they be too old for her (or have any dangerous parts)?

Thanks!
R.W.

Emmas Mom
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Hmmm, I noticed some of the Babicorolle are 12", that's the same as the Calin isn't it?? I don't have either one of those but we got our DD the Corolle Tidoo for her 1st birthday (she's 12" too) & have never had any issues with it. DD especially liked the Tidoo because she could take her in the bath. She doesn't do it anymore really but still plays with her Tidoo all the time. It doesn't look like the dolls themselves would be dangerous at all, I would only think maybe if they came with any accessories that you may want to keep those away from your DD until she's a little older...small accessories that is. HTH! :)

sdbc
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I just ordered the Calin for my 15 month old. She has a ragdoll-type doll that she couldn't care less about, but she adores the doll at daycare which has open/shut eyes, more like a real baby. I don't know which your daughter would like better, but I wouldn't worry about parts being dangerous on Calin. Calin is categorized as 18 months and up--if there are small chokable parts, it has to say "3 years and up".

bluestar2
08-12-2005, 04:23 AM
For what it's worth, my 19 mo DD had a plush-type doll (not the Babicorelle) since she was about a year old and she couldn't care less about it. Recently I got her the Calin doll and they've been inseparable since the day she got it. I think she likes the life-like features and loves the open/shut eyes. Your DD may be different though. There doesn't seem to be any dangerous parts, so I definitely think 1 year old is not too young.

sdbc
08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
I was glad to hear your response--hopefully my dd will love her Calin!

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04