PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as non-toxic air/room fresheners?

aahjed
08-11-2005, 12:34 PM
My sweet little 4.5 month son has developed the smelliest gas ever! I would like to use some sort of air freshener or deodorizer but I worry that the typical drugstore ones are nothing but toxic chemicals. Has anyone found any alternative remedies?

TIA!
Angela

DebbieJ
08-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Maybe you could set out a dish of baking soda? It absorbs odors.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

dules
08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
What about a lightbulb ring and a few drops of lavender essential oil? Just make sure DS can't reach it/touch it or get the bottle.

Best,
Mary

houseof3boys
08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
We use some lavendar essential oil on a little clay disc. I have also used a few drops on a cotton square too!

pritchettzoo
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
There is a citrus oil-based spray (Citrus Magic I think). It also comes in a solid you can sit out--we use it near the litter boxes and it makes a big difference. I bought the solid at Whole Foods in the cleaning supply area, but I've seen the spray everywhere.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

aahjed
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I love lavender, so I think I'll try some essential oils. But I also love the idea of the solid fragrance. Do you think it's safe to leave in his room (out of his reach, of course).

brittone2
08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Love the 100% orange oil spray things (I think it is the same as Citrus Magic). Trader Joes and other places carry it and it is great IMHO. I also am a fan of essential oils for cleaning, etc. to leave nice scent that isn't overpowering. You can soak a cotton ball in a few drops of essential oil and a little water and it will work.