PDA

View Full Version : Experience with this potty?

hellokitty1
08-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have this and what do you think of it? We are thinking of it to use when we are out and about.

http://www.onestepahead.com/images/product/detail_views_jpgs/9980_dv_1.jpg

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27222/150774/117.html

TIA.

nicurn96
08-12-2005, 09:51 PM
We have that and it has been a lifesaver for us!! I actually got ours at Babies R us. We use it all the time whenever we are out. DD is little and still fairly new at the potty so she gets scared on the big toilets. I also love the handles so she can hold on to them instead of the yucky seat. You can fold it and unfold it without touch the "dirty side". I keep it in a ziplock bag and use clorax wipes on it when we get home!

Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003
T2 coming 12/12/2005

houseof3boys
08-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Don't have it but am considering getting it for public restrooms. I was going to check BRU and see if they had it less expensive than paying for shipping from OSA.

momto2boys
08-14-2005, 10:55 PM
BRU does carry the portable potty seat. I bought and returned it because it was too small for my oldest son (currently 41" & 39lbs). Also, it didn't fit well on elongated toliet seats. I decided to use the disposable toliet seat covers with adhesive (they're made by the same company that makes Table Toppers disposable placemats) which are also available at BRU and Target (?). They're a bit more expensive in the long run but I make sure my DS uses the bathroom before we leave the house. He rarely needs to go again unless we're gone all day.

HTH,
Kathy

hellokitty1
08-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for letting me know this is available locally at BRU. I dread going to our BRU unless I absolutely have to. But's it's defnitely worth it instead of ordering online and paying S&H. And my DD is small so I don't think we'll have a size issue.

momma_boo
08-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't have that one but I bought a "Dora" themed one at BRU. DD is pretty obsessed w/ Dora these days so I thought she would get a kick out of that. The handles are a nice feature on that and the folds on the front part which seems like it'll prevent it from slipping.

But the folding potty seat in general has been a lifesaver for us. DD is pretty small (27 lbs) so she was initially pretty scared of just sitting on a regular toilet (while I held her up), although she did ok last week while picking up pizza - no potty seat b/c I left the diaper bag at home. DH suggested I get an extra one to keep in the car in case I forget the diaper bag - something you might want to consider.

hellokitty1
08-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Is this what you have?

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Dora_foldingSeat_Lrg.jpg

Where are the handles you referred to? DD is a big Dora fan now too so this would be nice.

Emmas Mom
08-15-2005, 02:57 PM
We have it & love it! It's great for when we're out & about. :) I got this one before I realized you could get the same thing at BRU for a bit cheaper. I'd recommend going there if you can, if not, OSA always has their monthly 15% off codes you can use. :)

momma_boo
08-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Yup. That's the seat I have. Sorry for being incoherent - the "handles" I refer to are the ones on the seat in your original post.

houseof3boys
09-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Vivian did you get this seat? How is it working?

I am off to the dreaded BRU tomorrow to check it out and wanted to see what you thought.

TIA!

hellokitty1
09-19-2005, 10:11 AM
If I had to do it again, I would probably go with the boring white one with handles. Unfortunately, Sydney saw the red Dora seat and for the next few days we had to use it on the toliet at home because she wanted Dora.

Aanyway, I would pick the one with handles bc our potty at homea has handles and she is small and needs to hold on to something. I have ot be a lot more watchful as she goes in public places so she doesn't touch the toilet itself.

HTH.