PDA

View Full Version : monitor that doesn't interfere with cordless phones

leslie10
08-16-2005, 02:04 PM
hi,
hoping for some suggestions from you all. DD is 20 mos. old and when she was born, we had the Sony monitor. It interfered BIG TIME with the cordless phones and DH's Mac airport. So we took it back and got the First Years 900 Mhz (can't find any other name on the unit). It worked for a while but now we get this loud humming with all the red lights on on the parent unit when it's on. It drives DH crazy and he switched channels and did some other stuff but it still does it.

So I looked in my Baby bargains book (mine is the 2003 version) and saw the fisher price sound and lights had a good review. Went and bought it, but DH says b/c it's a 900 Mhz it will interfere with the phones and airport, so take it back. I don't know about any of this interference stuff, but our First Years worked for a while and it's 900 Mhz so I dont' know how that makes a difference....ANYWAY, anyone have a good one, with good range, that doesn't interfere? I don't need anything fancy on it, just something that will work in our house!

thanks much,
Leslie

holliam
08-16-2005, 03:44 PM
We have the Sony but we have 2.4 Ghz cordless phones. It doesn't interfere with them nor with our wireless network. My husband's cell phone will occasionally interfere with it but he rarely uses it in the house.

Holli

Calla
08-18-2005, 07:07 AM
We ended up with the Graco Ultra Clear Monitor after trying FOUR others. What a pain. We live in an urban area in an apartment building, so we were getting interference from our neighbors phones. I think that it is simply trial and error to figure out what will work depending on where you are, but this one worked for us. (Finally!)

scarletsmommy
08-18-2005, 03:19 PM
We are using the 900 mhz Fisher Price in a very large apartment complex and it has ultra clear reception. No problems at all. We even use a white noise machine in DD's room at nap/bed time and we can still hear every peep. Good luck.

gatorsmom
08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
We have 5 cordless phones in my house (crazy, I know), 3 of which are 2.4GHz, and I have had ABSOLUTELY NO problems with my monitor which we've used for 2 years now. It was recommended in the 2003 edition of the Baby Bargains book but I never see many other mothers talk about it. It is the Philips In-touch Monitor and Intercom. The model number is SBC SC767. I ordered mine through the Sears website because I couldn't find any in any stores. But we've been really happy with it. I think I paid something like $50 or $60 for it, though.