PDA

View Full Version : Are stuffed toddler chairs stable?

KrisM
08-17-2005, 06:34 AM
DS likes to try to climb into his toddler rocker and sit. But, he also likes to try and surf on it, too, so we've moved it out of the room. I'm thinking of getting one of those upholstered, stuffed chairs from BRU for him. Are those fairly stable? I'm sure they can be knocked over, but I'd like it to be hard to do at least!

Thanks,

new_mommy25
08-17-2005, 12:44 PM
DS got one of those chairs for his first birthday by someone. I was surprised how much he likes it! He sits in it every day when he watches a movie. HE also sits in it while I read him stories. It is a huge hit.

tny915
08-17-2005, 02:46 PM
We don't have the BRU one, but we've got the PBK Anywhere Chair and it's very sturdy. We have ours up against the couch so if she climbs up and stands on the chair, it still won't tip over. That would probably help stabilize any chair.

eb1
08-17-2005, 09:18 PM
We have the PBK Anywhere Chair and love it! Mind you, there is no frame. It's foam pieces held together by velcro and a slipcover. This makes it soft and super light (my 17-month DS loves to tip his chair and roll it across the living room floor), but IMO, not "sturdy." If it's not up against something supportive (the wall or the couch), it will tip over if he stands in it and leans against the back cushion. It has a fairly wide base and doesn't tip if he leans over one of the arm cushions, however--he just falls or slowly slips out.

The upholstered ones I've seen at TRU have frames that seemed sturdy. I don't know how they'd hold up to a child "surfing" though, or if they're superior to a toddler rocker (is it a toddlerock you have?).

GL!

mtrattner
08-17-2005, 11:25 PM
I was thinking about getting some type of chair for DD for her 1st birthday. Can anyone recommend one that they particularly like?

How old can a child use the PBK anywhere chair? I know they have the 1st one but I think I would prefer the other so she can get some use.

Thanks for the help!
Melanie

eb1
08-18-2005, 06:07 AM
If you want a rocker, some people here have posted great reviews of the "Toddlerock." (I have no experience with it.)

We bought DS the regular PBK Anywhere Chair when he was about 9 months old. He had some trouble getting in and out of it for the first month or so, but that resolved quickly, and he loves it.

KrisM
08-18-2005, 02:58 PM
I'll have to check out the PBK chairs, too.

We have the FP infant to toddler rocker.