PDA

View Full Version : Any baby monitors with both parent unit and baby unit battery-operated?

gatorsmom
08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know of a baby monitor that has a battery operated baby unit as well as parent unit AND IS INEXPENSIVE? I am looking for a baby monitor to use when we are camping. I'd like something cheap but that offers the option of keeping everything battery operated. Most of the cheap baby monitors that I've seen only allow for the parent unit to be battery operated while the baby unit must be plugged in. The place where we camp has no electricity so you can see the problem. But since there is no electricity, there won't be any interference with other appliances thus I won't need anything really high-tech. I'm hoping to find something cheap (did I mention that yet?)

Any advice? Anyone?

californiagirl
08-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I have a First Years one I got at Target -- it wasn't the absolute cheapest, but I don't remember being horrified. It got terrible reviews, but I've had no problems with it. You'd want to make sure it was fully charged and then use it sparingly; it's meant to only run 3-4 hours between charges on the baby unit, which is a built-in rechargeable, not a changeable 9-volt like the child one.