PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy batteries?

marcywench
08-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I am looking at all of the baby stuff we've received. I'm gonna need a lot of batteries (keep that swing running!)

Where do you all find the best deals on batteries?

kelly ann
08-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Costco...just picked up a large pack of AA batteries today.

crayonblue
08-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Yep, Costco! I bought C batteries today!

Joolsplus2
08-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Energizer rechargeables! (Or Duracell)...they work GREAT for all my AA needs (spendy, but if you can recharge them 500 times, they more than pay for themselves!).

Otherwise, Costco (for the bigger sizes...)

A friend of mine has vowed to give rechargers and rechargeable batteries every time she's invited to a baby shower, lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

anamika
08-22-2005, 12:22 AM
ikea - my dh always stocks up there.

MarisaSF
08-22-2005, 12:34 AM
If you're not a costco member, I got them pretty cheap at Home Depot. FYI: I stocked up when we were gifted all these battery toys. As it turned out, the FP vibrating bouncy chair needed battery changes a few times, but the Leapfrog Learning table, which gets played with every day and is hardly ever "off" just got its first new set after 6 months of use. I guess it turns itself off even if the the button is "on." Same with the Leapfrog Learning Hoops. In my very small sample, it seems that some brands are better than others at conserving battery power.

jhaud
08-22-2005, 11:20 AM
i have found sam's club not to be cost effective. the best deals i have gotten have been at walgreens when their storebrand is on sale. the storebrands work just as well as name brands (usually made by the same companies just labeled differently. I would watch your weekly ads for the drug stores and look for any of their storebrand batteries.

i also found that my rechargeables weren't all they were cracked up to be with some things. some things they worked fine, others not so good... also if not used for a couple days... they lose their charge.

hellosmiletoday
08-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Costco kirkland brand. I've had bad experiences with the rechargable kinds leaking.

kensjen
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Rechargables!! Best money we ever spent!! That swing is a battery hog, and we were changing them every few days. Also the aquarium on DS's crib. We bought the charger and the batteries at Target (registered for it but no one got it for us! LOL), and have been using them for 2 years. We have the energizer brand. I think we invested about $80 or $90 with the charger and the sizes of batteries that we needed, and we have more than gotten our moneys worth.

kensjen
08-22-2005, 12:57 PM
It is a great baby shower gift!! I have done the same!!

Although I have found that we only have to charge them a few times to make up the expense...or maybe 4 or 5 times to include the price of the charger. For example 4 AA batteries (rechargeable) were $10, and 4 AA regular duracells were about $2-$3. The charger was $19.99 and works for all sizes. We also use Ds a lot, had them for the swing and some other monster toy, I believe they were $10 for 2 batteries, or maybe it was $12...but still not too bad. Considering we were changing them every other day or so...