PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite gym?

funda62
08-22-2005, 06:58 AM
There are so many different gyms for infants and toddlers that I don't know which one to choose. I had the classical course gym for my dd and we both liked it a lot. So which one do you like/not like?

graysonsmom
08-23-2005, 08:43 PM
We have both The Little Gym and Gymboree here. The Little Gym was great for a few months when my son was about a year old. It was good for his sense of balance and strength. I think he enjoyed watching and interacting with the other toddlers more than anything else. We took two sessions (about 6 months) and decided to try the early childhood center classes offered through our school district for a change. We may head back to the Little Gym this winter. Hope this help.

julieakc
09-18-2005, 12:18 AM
I only have experience with Gymboree which is where I have been taking DS since he was about 11 months. Initially I signed up for just the "play" class, and then at the next session added the music class. I think Gymboree good structured programs and the focus on developmentally appropriate activities. Gymborees are franchised (as are, I think My Gym and probably others), so although they should be basically the same everywhere there may also be some minor differences. Also, the individual teacher may make a difference. One person I know said she had been to some Gymborees where they played the music so loud that it seemed like overstimulation for the kids.

I am lucky in that there is a Gymboree just 5 stop signs from my house so that is the main reason I went there, that and they have been doing it 30 years. There is also a My Gym near me too, but nothing beats 5 stop signs!

DS seems to enjoy the classes, watching other kids, and as he's getting more mobile (he gross motor delayed) he is really enjoying climbing on all the equipment (play class). It's nice because they have so much for them to climb on....way more than you could have at your house, so it allows him to pratice more skills and is sort of a special treat each week (new toys to play on).

Julie
Mom to Ryan, 19 months