PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Kinderzeat or a Tripp Trapp? - Pls help identify!!!

mominma
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Hello -

I am going to buy this seat from someone locally, but they were not sure of the manuf. It looks to me like the Tripp Trapp due to the wider back panel and the safety strap between the legs. Are there any other seats that look just like this?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28946.jpg

Any feedback is most appreciated.

Thank you,

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03
EDD 8/26/05

tribecamom
08-22-2005, 04:52 PM
it does look like a Stokke

JacksMommy
08-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that is the Tripp Trapp (the Euro version of the Kinderzeat). It looks just like mine. These are very coveted here in the USA since they have the bar and the strap and are therefore safe for kids 6 mos and up once they are seated. This isn't sold in this country anymore (doesn't meet US safety standards for high chairs) which is why they have the Kinderzeat, which is marketed only as a toddler chair and comes with a harness but not the bar. Some people on the BBB have been sending away on websites in England to get theirs!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

LBW
08-22-2005, 06:55 PM
It looks like a Tripp Trapp equipped with the baby set (the bar and leg strap). Some baby sets also come with the higher back. The Tripp Trapp is the same as the kinderzeat, except that you can add the baby set to it. I think the only US store that sells them is the Equipment Shop - that's where we got ours a couple of years ago for $150.

This is the neatest site ever:
http://www.backinaction.co.uk/tripp-trapp

chlobo
08-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Melissa,

Are you buying this off of Craigslist in Boston? I saw a chair like that yesterday and we passed on it because it doesn't have the footrest, which costs almost $50 from Stokke. However, I figured some enterprising individual with a handy husband would buy it and make a footrest.

LOL.

chlobo
08-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Ooops. Double post.

squimp
08-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Agree that it's the european version of the Kinderzeat.

Just wanted to say that if it doesn't have the adjustable footrest, it's kinda defeating the purpose. The Kinderzeat is supposed to reduce squirminess, and without a place for kids to rest their feet, it's not really doing what it's known for. So consider that if you're thinking of getting it.

JacksMommy
08-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Gosh, I didn't even notice that the footrest was gone - that's not good!

I got my Tripp Trapp from the Equipment Shop as well, a few years ago - I was under the impression that they are only selling the Kinderzeat now. Does anyone know any different?

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

mik8
08-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Definitely a Tripp Trapp minus the necessary footrest.

mominma
08-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Yes, I bought it from Craigslist in Boston. It was missimg the footrest, but tthe woman was only asking $25. The Equipment Shop sells the footrest for $30.00 making the seat $55. It still seems like a bargain.

Thanks for the feedback.

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03

zen_bliss
08-24-2005, 02:21 AM
smashing deal! congrats!

in case you're curious, the other part of the optional european 'baby set' for the tripp trapp is an alternate to the top bar that has a high curved head support in the middle.

i was the one going mad trying to import one from the UK 2 years ago until i found a great wooden tray on eBay!