PDA

View Full Version : Lightest play yard with changing table?

Saccade
08-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi!

I am recovering from a C-section and postop anemia (causing a lot of lightheadedness), and we have a three-story Victorian with very narrow stairs. We have one of the Graco Pack 'n Plays with the new style of changing table (Posture Plus) on our main floor, and it's been great for changing and for naps for our five-week-old DS. It is pretty bulky, though, since it has all of the bells and whistles, and I can't see taking it on a trip easily. It was a gift from the new great-grandparents.

We have been persuaded by a visiting friend to splurge on another play yard for downstairs, which is where the TV is as well as the laundry. That way we could change him down there instead of running up and down, and we could also watch him nap while we do the laundry. As she pointed out, it would be worth the cost to avoid risking a fall down the stairs while carrying him.

As long as we are getting a second play yard, I figure it could be a lighter and simpler one that would be more useful for travel, with the only requirements being a bassinet and a changing table (new or old style). Unfortunately, it's difficult to compare all of the models out there (especially with the many Graco models that differ only in trim and options so that they can be marketed as exclusives to particular stores). Has anyone BTDT, and would you please share your exeperience?

-- Saccade

P.S. For those that are curious, we do like the height of the new style Posture Plus changing table, but he tends to roll to one side of the trough and get upset. Also, it folds out of the way when not in use, and doesn't block the bassinet even when unfolded/deployed. I can't compare with the old style directly, since I've never used another P n P, but it looks like rolling to the side was not an issue with the old style; on the other hand it looks like you had to take the changer off to easily access the bassinet.