PDA

View Full Version : High chair help - Eddie Bauer or PP? Or others?

martycw
08-26-2005, 06:46 AM
I received an Eddie Bauer wooden highchair as a gift (still in box, could return) and I'm thinking of exchanging for the Peg Perego version because (1) EB doesn't have wheels and I'm thinking I might want to wheel it between dining room & kitchen (anyone try to do this with a wooden chair - is it difficult?) and (2) concerned about dirt issues - I thought the leatherette might clean well.

But... I've read some bad reviews about the PP and the distance between the seat and the tray. And, of course, the PP is $80-$100 more than the Eddie Bauer.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

dules
08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
If you can, try your child in it when you're ready to use it. I had my heart set on a PP in the Teddy Bear pattern but when I put DD in it at around 6 months the tray was up to her chin.

So we got a FP Healthy Care one instead, for about $60 at Target.

Best,
Mary

sobers3
08-27-2005, 06:26 AM
I put little round felt pads on the bottom of the legs of my wooden high chair and it helps it glide across my wood floor. It's not as good as having wheels when the baby gets heavier, but it's better and saves your floors. I agree, try you child in the highchair to see how the fit is. My favorite instead of a highchair is the First Years Reclining Booster. It travels well,it fits all ages very nicely and is the one chair that has not been climbed out of! Mary

JBaxter
08-27-2005, 06:56 AM
my mil has a PP and it is really big( deep and the tray doenst fit in her sink to wash it. I have the FP and really like it. I prefer t he plastic high chairs just from the scrubbing aspect.

mommab
08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I can't really comment on the EB or PP because I haven't shopped for high chairs in almost 2 years. We have the FP Deluxe Healthy Care high chair (2003 model with wheels & 3 removeable trays) and couldn't be happier with it. It still looks almost brand new after 18 months of use! HTH

p.s. This topic came up in my search for wood play kitchens (lol), so I thought I'd add my $0.02!

holliam
08-27-2005, 10:16 PM
We love our Eddie Bauer high chair but some people complain that you can't recline, or that they don't like the 3-point harness. Personally, I would never use a highchair with a child who could not sit up so recline was a non issue. The harness contains our 1 year old just fine. We got an extra seat cover so we can easily wash one and have the other ready. We just really like it so much better than anything else out there.

Holli

martycw
08-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Where did you get the extra seat cover?

holliam
08-28-2005, 08:42 PM
I just called customer service for Cosco (I think.. whoever the manufacturer is) and inquired! I got 2 extra tray inserts and a cover for like $23 or something really reasonable.

Holli

mariza
08-29-2005, 08:21 AM
I love the looks of my EB chair, but hate that the harness does not adjust. Also, I did not think I would need a recline, and you *really* don't but it would be nice for 7 month old DD to be able to recline with a bottle. Right now I have to tip it for her (think bottle feeding a baby calf!) otherwise she hits her head on the back when she tries to do it herself. I do like it better than the other chairs out there though. The only other alternative I would consider would be the Fisher Price Fold n Go Booster. So easy to clean and takes up less space :)
Also, look at the Zooper Peas and Carrots chair. www.overstockbaby.com has some on sale.

martycw
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks. I was looking at the Zooper, too. Even on other sites, it is about $130 ($20 more than the price of the EB). Anyone else have experience with this one?