PDA

View Full Version : bath for a 3 month old and longer....

hobokengirl
08-29-2005, 08:13 AM
we've been using the safety 1st fold up tub in our kitchen sink for the first 3 months.. but i think DD is growing out of it...

what would be a good next tub???

Sillygirl
08-29-2005, 09:43 AM
I got an inflatable tub at BRU. It fits snugly into our bathtub but it provides a lot of cushioning for Jonathan. He can lie down and rest his head on the inflatable ledge and it's very soft and comfy.

HTH!

Lmoor
08-29-2005, 10:14 AM
We loved our Eurobath by Primo. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000056OV0/qid%3D1125328279/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-4140231-4027148

It has one side that you can lay them down on for when they are infants and can't sit up yet, then they can sit up on the other side. Our dd loved bathtime in it!

kimbe
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I agree with pp about the Primo Eurobath. We used the Safety 1st fold up tub for 2 months. We HATED every second of it. How did you keep your DD from getting her fingers and toes stuck in the fold up parts. We finally gave up and bought the Primo Eurobath and we LOVE IT! I wish that we would have bought it to begin with. DD loves it too. Lots of room for her to splash.

There isn't anything fancy about it and it is supposed to last until the kids are toddlers. The only bad things about it --- it is really big. You pretty much have to keep it in your bathtub. I also think that it should have some soft spongey material where infants recline and put their heads, but we just use a hand towel or a wash cloth.

It is definitley worth the money. HTH

hobokengirl
08-29-2005, 01:37 PM
thanks! looks like the eurotub is the way to go :)

melissaflorida
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
I vote for the Eurotub too. My dd is 17 months old and still uses it every night. LOVE IT!!

julieakc
09-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Here's another vote for the Eurotub. It is the tub I registered for and is what we've been using since DS came home from the hospital. When we were using the infant side I used a big sponge insert thing. I can't find the one I had, but this is the same type of thing, although I don't think this one would work as well as the sponge one we had: http://store.yahoo.com/mendelsons/infantbathpad.html

DS turned 19 months today and had a bath in the Eurotub tonight... he was splashing and having a grand time. :-) I love that the sit-up side still has the middle barrier so that he can't slip down very easily.

It is big and that can be a bit of a storage issue, but we stand ours on end and tuck into the corner of DS's room between the wall and dresser.

It is a great tub!

Julie
Mom to Ryan, 19 months

ajrivers
09-18-2005, 08:40 AM
One more vote for the Eurotub and then we still use a Safer Bather inside of it (DS is 3 mos) as it is such a comfy little nest for him. Very comfy when you flip him over to wash his back...

As for storing it we bought one of the 3M hooks and stuck it on the bathtub wall at the back and just hang it there. Still plenty of room to shower!