PDA

View Full Version : what to use for bathing newborns?

duesept05
08-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I just bought the Eurobath, but want to know if I can use this before the cord falls off, or if I need to do something else. If I need to do something else for bathing the baby, do you have any recommendations?

thanks!

pritchettzoo
08-30-2005, 09:02 PM
You aren't supposed to submerge the baby before the cord falls off. Babies don't get very dirty and you don't need to bathe them very often (just keep the important parts clean! ;)). We just laid DCs on the counter on a towel and uncovered part by part so they didn't get cold and washed with a cloth and warm water until the cord fell off. Hair got suds-ed up and rinsed under the faucet. I certainly wouldn't buy another tub for such a short period of time.

HTH!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

Katia
08-30-2005, 09:47 PM
ITA with Anna...no need for a separate tub just for those first few weeks, just do a sponge bath on the changing table. I think we used cotton balls and warm water -- and now that DS is almost two, I can't believe he was ever so tiny that I could bathe him with cotton balls! :-)

We loved, loved, loved the Eurobath. It was one of the best baby gear purchases we made!

HTH!

Katia
DS 2003