PDA

View Full Version : Cushie Tushy vs. Baby Bjorn Potty seat?

mom to little e
09-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Anyone have suggestions which they like better? I was thinking the CT because it was recommened but kind of like the new BB.

Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

kaitlinsmommy
09-01-2005, 10:01 PM
I got the cushie tushie but it didn't fit on our elongated toilet seat, so I ended up with the BB and dd is pretty happy with it (although she prefers no insert). I like that there is a dial so you can get a tight fit on any seat.

SarahK
09-01-2005, 10:02 PM
We have the Baby Bjorn on one of our toilets and my daughter loves it!! She sat on it for an hour the other day (meanwhile pregnant mama is sitting on the floor reading her books!) and didn't complain at all!

JBaxter
09-03-2005, 08:24 PM
We have oblong toilet seats and the baby bjorn is the only one that fit snug. If the insert isnt tight it can pinch little legs.

justlearning
09-05-2005, 12:02 PM
So far we have only used the CT on DS's toilet, which is not elongated. It fits really well on his toilet, is easy to take on and off, seems comfortable for him, and he likes the "duckies" on the seat.

For fun, I just tried it on the elongated toilet in our bathroom and it did fit snugly but on the back of the toilet. That means that a kid would most likely be unable to climb by themselves that far back on the toilet (definitely wouldn't be able to reach a foot stool in front of the toilet) and would find it uncomfortable to be sitting so far back. So, I'd say it's great if your toilet is the standard, non-oval, non-elongated type but not great in the other situations.

mom to little e
09-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Geez - I have a lot to learn about PT! I didn't even realize that Baby Bjorn had an insert. I was thinking of the actual little floor seat and was wondering how that would compare.

How did you decide between insert or full floor seat??

Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

supercalifragilous
09-05-2005, 12:33 PM
We have the Cushie Traveler, BB toilet insert, and BB stand-alone potty chair (not the one that looks like a cowboy hat, but the one with the full back).

By far DD loves the Cushie Traveler the best. We actually use it at home more than we do on the road. Given a choice between all three, she will pick the CTrav 99% of the time. She'll go on the BB toilet insert too but she has to climb over the little pee pee hump in the front which is a pain, plus it's not as soft as the CTrav. We use the CTrav for downstairs, the BB toilet insert for upstairs now.

I can say she only uses the BB potty chair only for her stuffed animals to go potty on. That was the first potty we ever bought, based on reviews here, plus it was the only one short enough for her to sit comfortably. She's pee'd in it only once and I didn't enjoy having to clean it out. DD loves the whole process of going potty, though - including wiping with her special toddler wipes, lowering the lid, flushing, and washing her hands with her foamy soap. So go figure she'd prefer the actual mommy & daddy potty better anyway.

Anyway, the CTrav might be worth trying out if you plan on taking something when you travel. It's bulkier than the other folding travel seat but as long as your DC likes it and will go on it, I guess that's all that matters!

Here's a pic of the Cushie Traveler - it's a little different from the Cushie Tushie since it folds up for travel:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/netkidswear_1857_86849629

BTW, I should add that we have a regular toilet seat, not elongated.

JBaxter
09-05-2005, 02:12 PM
We have both :)

Momof3Labs
09-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I hated the Cushie Tushie. Slipped all over on our NON-elongated toilet seats, and the splash guard was nonexistent. I hated spending $30 each on the BB inserts, but they were SOOOO worth it!!

SarahK
09-05-2005, 02:44 PM
We have both the insert and the Baby Bjorn potty chair. Katie picked out the bright red potty chair all by herself and loves to look at it, but hates to sit on it--she LOVES sitting on the big potty though!