PDA

View Full Version : Wooden two-step stepstool

Dcclerk
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a light-weight but wooden two step stepstool? We have higher than normal counters throughout the house. We have the Learning Tower for the kitchen, but I really need something for the bathroom for my DS, and the one step type of stool doesn't cut it. I don't want one of the heavy storage stools because we need to move it around throughout the day. (We only have one bathroom and it is very narrow, so we can't just keep the stool in front of the sink the whole day.) I saw one at my friends the other day that was perfect, but the stinking thing was $60 from a local boutique and I just am not eager to spend that. Anyone have a more budget-conscious choice? :) TIA!

sdbc
09-06-2005, 12:23 PM
If you have time to paint it yourself, AC Moore has one. Get it when you have a coupon! Michael's may have similar ones, too.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

schums
09-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Try Target. That's where we got ours. It has 2 steps and the top step lifts up for storage. It's not very heavy -- my 3 1/2 year old DS can move it around the house. It was about $25, and was with the "you assemble it" kids room accessories. The one we got was a light pine color, but they also had white.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

brittone2
09-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Ikea. It isn't super light but is sturdy and has a pretty big area to stand on compared to some i've seen. I'm short so I use mine a lot :)

Dcclerk
09-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions. We don't have an AC Moore around us, which is too bad, because that seems perfect. However, we do have an Ikea not too far from my parents' house and a Target down the street, so I have some places to start the hunt :)

DDowning
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Kerry - check out this site:

http://www.littlecolorado.com/stepstoolmdf.html

You can order unfinished for $19.95 and paint it yourself.

HTH!

VenusElon
09-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Walmart has white and oak steps for $15 that are very similar to the Target $25 ones. They are not with the toys, but in an aisle next to regular bedding at our Walmart. That aisle has Spiderman and Dora bedding I think on one side, and the storage cubes and step stools on the other side. Ours is the perfect height-I bought a Wiggles one for the upstairs bath and it is too short.

Venus